Sellout Streak in 2021

7 hours ago, FTW said:

I feel like this is going to be a regular thing we’re literally walking on thin ice here with the sellout streak.

It's possible.  But most of the tickets that had to be cleaned up last week were tickets that Fordham returned.  I would guess the same is true this week.  And those tickets aren't returned until the week of the game so they're always going to be only a few days out.

One would think that other teams would travel better.  So there will still be some to buy up but it will likely be far fewer.

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's possible.  But most of the tickets that had to be cleaned up last week were tickets that Fordham returned.  I would guess the same is true this week.  And those tickets aren't returned until the week of the game so they're always going to be only a few days out.

One would think that other teams would travel better.  So there will still be some to buy up but it will likely be far fewer.

I think if we start performing better and start winning games we will see this clear up sooner.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, FTW said:

I feel like this is going to be a regular thing we’re literally walking on thin ice here with the sellout streak.

While it is a great record, to be proud of and will likely never be matched, perhaps it would be better to see it go away and prevent such weekly pearl clutching by some. 

• Plus1 2

Just looking at the attendance and then comparing it to games from 2019, it seems that the Fordham game drew a few thousand less than what the average was, even when you look back at South Alabama. The sellout streak will continue or it won't. But fans are going to have to be ready to put up with bad football, at least for the rest of this season, and then we will see for next year. 

If Scott stays on as HC. And if we have another set of players leave the program as we have in years one, two and three. And if AM comes back next fall, which he could do. 

Then the team will have another bad year. And the streak will most definitely come to an end. More important, the voids in the stands will become more noticeable.

I feel like this doesn't have to be an issue. If Nebraska would just play physical and cut out the dumb mistakes, we automatically become an eight to nine win team.

For whatever reason, Scott doesn't want to do it. Maybe we should have known the day he got rid of the FB position.

Still..... we can get to eight or nine wins if we want to get there.

And an eight or nine win team at Nebraska would have the sell out streak continue on.

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

It's possible.  But most of the tickets that had to be cleaned up last week were tickets that Fordham returned. 

Another interesting element on this conversation is that while the above is true, Trev Alberts admitted that there have been times in the past when the opponent returned some amount of their ticket allotment, those tickets weren't sold, and the athletic department still chalked it up as a sellout.

16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Another interesting element on this conversation is that while the above is true, Trev Alberts admitted that there have been times in the past when the opponent returned some amount of their ticket allotment, those tickets weren't sold, and the athletic department still chalked it up as a sellout.

Ive not seen anywhere where that has been stated. I read most of the stories on this, but not all. But Im thinking if this was somehow true it would have been posted here, on social media etc etc. I highly doubt that it is. If it is true- please post a link. We all know where the visitors sit and Ive not seen giant swaths of several thousand empty seats. 

• Plus1 2