Sellout Streak in 2021

Thank you to the boosters who did this.

This streak is important.  Your grandparents, dads, moms, uncles, aunts and cousins, all your family and friends are a part of it.  Anyone on this forum who has ever been to a game, we are part of it.

Wins, losses, snow, heat.. man think of the memories.

And now, the program needs us more than ever.

We’ll all stick together, in all kinds of weather, for dear old Nebraska U.

• Fire 1

Just now, secretasianman said:

Thank you to the boosters who did this.

This streak is important.  Your grandparents, dads, moms, uncles, aunts and cousins, all your family and friends are a part of it.  Anyone on this forum who has ever been to a game, we are part of it.

Wins, losses, snow, heat.. man think of the memories.

And now, the program needs us more than ever.

We’ll all stick together, in all kinds of weather, for dear old Nebraska U.

I’m happy they found a positive way to accomplish this inevitable outcome. 

I do not think that the fans should end the sellout streak because they are angry the team and coaches suck. On the contrary, we should show the coaches and players that we will continue to support them and hope that Nebraska returns to relevance and let them have no one to blame for their undisciplined and lackluster performance but themselves. They need to look the fans in the packed stadium in the eyes after each poor performance and feel how they are letting the whole state down. Ending the sellout streak will only give them a justification to give up completely if they have not done so already. Based on Saturday’s performance, I saw a team (coaches included of course) accustomed to losing and not believing they have what it takes to beat anyone in the BIG. So sad!

IMO, ending the streak would be a disastrous mistake. If the fans give up, recruiting will suffer tremendously.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I’m for letting it end Oklahoma is next in line, and it will be 40 more years before they achieve it. Most of us will be dead or disinterested. 

what will be embarrassing is a “sell out” with 50 percent or less of the stadium full. 

Yeah, it was a great run that will never be equaled but now it just seems artificial. Actually I view it as being a little bit embarrassing. After the last 20 years, especially the Riley era, some people have to be thinking our fanbase is a tad gullible.

I understand the difference between sold out and butts actually in seats but it is just so contrived at this point. At least some kids will get a chance to go this week.

• Plus1 4
28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, it was a great run that will never be equaled but now it just seems artificial. Actually I view it as being a little bit embarrassing. After the last 20 years, especially the Riley era, some people have to be thinking our fanbase is a tad gullible.

I understand the difference between sold out and butts actually in seats but it is just so contrived at this point. At least some kids will get a chance to go this week.

Don’t get me wrong- the ideas great. But why expose children to this crap show?  They’re innocent. 

• Haha 1

I always look back at the 2007 game against Oklahoma State regarding the sell out.  Sure they sold out.  But most of them left at half time.  Stadium was pretty empty.  I feel like it unofficially died that day.  Maybe that why it hasn't been that impressive to me, regardless if some boosters bought tickets to "keep the streak going".