Sellout Streak in 2021

Red Carpet = Here's a ticket that has no value.  Enjoy.  Good luck getting people to keep forking over cash in 2022.  

I give Trev credit for goin all in, but this is just temporarily plugging a hole.

1. They need to win games
  2. They need to drop ticket prices
  3. They need to remove or widen seats

Saturday is no longer a cash cow until they put a product on the field people are willing to pay for.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Red Carpet = Here's a ticket that has no value.  Enjoy.  Good luck getting people to keep forking over cash in 2022.  

I give Trev credit for goin all in, but this is just temporarily plugging a hole.

1. They need to win games
  2. They need to drop ticket prices
  3. They need to remove or widen seats

Saturday is no longer a cash cow until they put a product on the field people are willing to pay for.

And the other thing I left out.........

Watching visiting teams change the "Sea of Red" to whatever color they want is a sorry way to preserve the sellout streak.

• Plus1 1

Glad the streak continues and some kids get to see a game that wouldn't normally. 

There is no need for the streak to end. You can fire coaches without ending the streak. 

But yeah definitely need to take out some seats and improve the overall stadium. There are definitely areas that need some TLC. 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, Mavric said:

It is the only thing we got left- well besides leading in the academic All-American category.   Back in 2002 when the 'streaks' started to end, it was amazing the # of streaks Nebraska had going.

A Tulsa World Article by John Klein, back in 2003 noted the following.  It was written just prior to the season opening game against Okla State @ NU in 2003.  Bo's debut as DC.  My oldest son and I traveled up from Tulsa to be at the game.  Klein, reflecting back to the Husker's 7-7 season the year before, was wondering if Nebraska was on the decline like other blue bloods had experienced -   OU before Stoops, Alabama, USC, Norte Dame, etc.

"There is a fear sweeping the vast plains of Nebraska. From the sand hills to the Missouri River, it has frightened Cornhuskers far and wide. 

No college football team had a longer sustained period of excellence than Nebraska.  There have been no losing seasons, no major season failures and continued excellence in the top echelon of college football since 1961. 

The Cornhuskers have 41 consecutive winning regular seasons(record).  They played in 34 consecutive bowl games(record).  In the last 10 years, Nebraska played in the national championship game five times and has lost just three home games.  Until last September, the Huskers had been rated in the top 25 for 348 consecutive weeks(record). Since 1969, Nebraska has won at least nine games 33 times. In the last 40 years, there have been 33 first time All-American players for the Huskers.  The Cornhuskers were the model of consistency. "