Northwestern: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yant is the only runningback who has stood out to me at all this year.  Dude needs to get his touches.   Perfect fullback/halfback hybrid for our triple option offense. I just hope it's not an Imani Cross/Devine Ozigbo situation where we refuse to play our best back because he's a big back.   Which is a reasoning I'll never understand. 

To me that was the biggest difference in the offense.  Our new triple option offense doesn't work without that option.  

I'll have to rewatch to be sure, but I remember RJ and not Yant being on the field for the option plays. I think the OL is a MUCH bigger reason for the success of the option (and a lot of other plays) than Yant. Yant looked really good though.

2 hours ago, Farms said:

I’m not sure what Benhart’s issues are, he’s just not playing well. Both he and Piper have a lot of potential but have really struggled. I hope we can get those two figured out so they can contribute going forward. 

Benhart's dad is.. something. He was off on his own little tweet storm last night...

59 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Funny thing is, the most points we've given up this year was to Illinois (30). Oklahoma and Michigan State only put up 23 each. But some won't let Illinois go as an anomaly...

• Plus1 2

I just read through papa Benhart’s game tweets. Yikes. They weren’t horrible, but not someone I would ever want to watch a game with. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Especially the snide comments about STs.  

I hope the kid works through his issues, but my instinct is he’ll be in the portal if he doesn’t get back with the #1’s. 

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our front 7 is doing well. 

Chinander's defensive plan is working very well right now.  The d-line is controlling the LOS well enough (and making the occasional splash play) and letting the LB's to fly around and make tackles.  The defense actually started to improve against the run last year, but still struggled with the pass defense (partly due to lack of a pass rush).

• Oh Yeah! 1