Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Would do the same for the current staff.

If Frost is back with the same staff, they won't get 6.  Nothing in 4 years points to that.  If we are "this close", mathematically and statistically speaking we should have beaten 2 of the teams we lost to by one score...We'd now be 5-3, not 3-5 (5-17 in one score games)  I just don't see it.  

And it makes me sick as along time fan that we now look for improvement by getting to play an easier schedule....Let a poor staff stay longer to get wins in a weaker schedule......That'll let us know how really good they are......

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

If Frost is back with the same staff, they won't get 6.  Nothing in 4 years points to that.  If we are "this close", mathematically and statistically speaking we should have beaten 2 of the teams we list to by one score...I just don't see it.  

And it makes me sick as along time fan that we now look for improvement by getting to play an easier schedule....Let a poor staff stay longer to get wins in a weaker schedule......That'll let us know how really good they are......

That is why I think it would be exceptionally more beneficial for a new staff to have next years schedule. Easier schedule in year one to work out kinks etc. They are able to show progress over the previous 5 years of what had been going on in Lincoln. Will look as if they are showing improvement year 1 in the W/L column. Builds excitement etc. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

I think our love affair with Jamey Chadwell will have to be a tryst versus a long term commitment.  Barring some kind of miracle, I would imagine VT is going to fire Fuente after VT completely screwed the pooch against Syracuse. You gotta think Chadwell would be on the short list for that job.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

if Frost loses the last 4 games, who would take his job?

program is on the brink of disaster.

Unless there is a mutual separation agreement, I do not see Coach Frost being terminated involuntarily this season.  I think our new AD will give a great degree of deference to our Coach's historic and sentimental ties to the state.  However, make no mistake, absent a bowl game for a 5th straight year, the clock is now officially ticking towards termination in November, 2022.

In terms of your comment regarding being on the brink of disaster, it presumes that the disaster is yet to come.  With this set to be the 5th consecutive losing season, I would argue the disaster has already occurred.  At this point, the wreckage is merely smoldering.  The flames have largely been smothered by an apathy retardant.  

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That is why I think it would be exceptionally more beneficial for a new staff to have next years schedule. Easier schedule in year one to work out kinks etc. They are able to show progress over the previous 5 years of what had been going on in Lincoln. Will look as if they are showing improvement year 1 in the W/L column. Builds excitement etc. 

This is where I'm at as well. See a lot of positives to this.

Alternatively I'm nervous that if we keep frost next year, we get somewhere between 5-7 wins, he gets another year (cause improvement), stinks it up again, and now we're 8 years removed from a good season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, EngineeringHusker said:

This is where I'm at as well. See a lot of positives to this.

Alternatively I'm nervous that if we keep frost next year, we get somewhere between 5-7 wins, he gets another year (cause improvement), stinks it up again, and now we're 8 years removed from a good season. 

That is my biggest worry as well. Now Frost can alleviate all of this if he simply wins 6 games this year. 

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Logic will get you nowhere on this board Hedley.  Sentiment, emotion, and gameday passion are what rules the day.  Coach Frost delivered the last football national championship to NU (as QB), he delivered "the speech" after the Orange Bowl to vanquish our Wolverine doubters and he fought the CFP establishment while a Head Coach at UCF.  

These are the feats of legends.  Legends capable of future success at NU (perhaps in Year 10 so be patient).  To not believe in the stuff of legends is to be but a heretic in this fanbase.  

Enough with my sarcasm, you get the point...

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Logic will get you nowhere on this board Hedley.  Sentiment, emotion, and gameday passion are what rules the day.  Coach Frost delivered the last football national championship to NU (as QB), he delivered "the speech" after the Orange Bowl to vanquish our Wolverine doubters and he fought the CFP establishment while a Head Coach at UCF.  

These are the feats of legends.  Legends capable of future success at NU (perhaps in Year 10 so be patient).  To not believe in the stuff of legends is to be but a heretic in this fanbase.  

Enough with my sarcasm, you get the point...

Do you see anyone on "this board" giving these examples as reasons to keep Frost? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do you see anyone on "this board" giving these examples as reasons to keep Frost? 

I would say a large dose of sentiment and emotion are tied to Frost. The only statistical amount of evidence I typically see presented is we lose by less than year 1. We need stability etc. I didnt see this same sentiment for Riley after 3 years and a better win % etc. Would you agree that logic is more on the fire side and emotion and sentiment are more strongly involved in the retain portion? Frost can change a lot of minds by doing what he hasnt done and win 3 or 4 games down the stretch and show marked improvement in the W/L column. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Let's just be honest, this all goes without saying.  Any other coaching hire with this record would not have seen a 4th season, let alone a 5th (as I believe he will get).

I just recognize that sentimentality is a strong pull in the face of reality.  As a fanbase, we begin by excusing his methods and then expand that to excuse his results.  Whether we care to admit it is another matter entirely.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Look, Frost isn't getting it done, but no you absolutely cannot say the same thing about any of those coaches.

I'm not making excuses for Frost. It's the job, he isn't getting it done, period. But that context is real whether people are happy with it or not.

Riley and Cally might not have had the same issues as Frost but Bo sure as s#!t did when it came to kids and family stuff. 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic