What did we learn from the Purdue game

16 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Wanna make a friendly wager on that one?

I'll wager the most precious thing I have: my pride.

On the one hand, I think Adrian will be incredibly determined to play one more year of college -- because I absolutely guarantee no NFL team want's him right now, not even for training camp. There are a lot of college teams and Adrian will have a big P5 stat sheet, so you definitely have a chance to win the bet.

But everything Kelly Stouffer was saying today has been said by every other coach watching Adrian Martinez's game. The position is about decision-making, and I don't see a coach thinking one year of Adrian Martinez takes him over the top. And if he's not a transitional veteran, he's just keeping your next starter off the field. 

If you're talking about a stint with the Omaha Beef in a league not yet invented, sure. Why not. 

• Plus1 1

Fire the guy. He is the worst coach since Jennings and his teams are atrocious. 

I would love to have Riley, Solich, or even BO, for Pete's sake over this guy. At least these guys could make it to a bowl game. 

How I long for the days of 8-10 win seasons and that is a sad state of affairs. 

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Aside from the nostalgia being nice, I'm indifferent.

He'll latch on fine as an OC somewhere which is probably what he's best at at this point.

I welcome someone completely divorced from the Osborne days who can treat this like any other bad program that needs rebuilt from scratch rather than carrying all the expectations that come with the TO era.

I hate it moreso for him. I know how bad he has to want it.

• Plus1 1

I learned that the “what did we learn?” Threads at this point are just a waste of time.

Summary: Frost bad, Martinez worse, chaos is not a game plan, and what we have is not working and will never work. Time to turn a new page and burn the last seven years of our memories of husker football. We suck is a compliment at this point.

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

We need a coach that is committed to the run game and defense. I want hard downhill runners. Let’s go double TE too. I want edge rushers that make TFL’s. Frost built it wrong and Wandale, Luke, and JD all left. AM never reached the potential we thought he would. 

Get Rattler out of the portal. Let him manage the offense with a sound running game. 

And what the hell are we doing in recruiting right now, like F. Seriously this is a huge failure. But it makes moving on from Frost super easy.

So much this.  Did we ever run 12 personnel?  Even in the red zone....Recruiting? Please.  We have a losing record with top 25 talent.  And no development.  Imagine our 80th ranked class with no development.......No definitive scheme.....No accountability and no responsibility.  No reservations at all. See ya

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I find myself worrying not just about this class but holding onto guys from the last few classes like Fidone. Now I know he grew up a Husker fan but it better be a solid hire or I could see a lot of young guys with potential just bailing on this dumpster fire.

To your point. I don’t think Trev should wait until the end of the season. He needs to send a strong message to current players and recruits that the downward slide ends today. I hope he has someone in his back pocket who can salvage this situation 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Stop saying that Frost can't be fired without another guys lined up. The first step in the process is firing a crappy coach. Then Trev brings in a new coach. 

made that mistake with Solich. IMO you gotta have the coach lined up and confirmed before you fire. Kinda like you don’t divorce your wife until you’re certain your mistress is 100% on board with you.  

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

Can we also end any and all hype for chinander, and more specifically, this weak AF secondary? A piss poor qb just went 34 of 45 on us today.  Can’t recall a more overrated positional group than our secondary and the supposed veteran talent we have. 3 yard soft cushion coverage every time all day

We have zero pass rush, it's hard to cover all day.  That's been a problem for years.

• Crusader Husker changed the title to What did we learn from the Purdue game