2021 Coaching Carousel

11 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

According to this tweet, TCU may be interested in Deion Sanders and Mike Norvell is out at Florida State. Could all just be speculation.

Also as a Cowboys fan I do see Kellen Moore getting a HC job after this season. He is a great offensive mind.

I'm also a Cowboy's fan and I hope Moore misses out on all of these  HC jobs the next few seasons.  I selfishly want him in the job he's at!

• Plus1 1

This may be an omen.   Frost's first game was to be against ..... Akron.  Lightning storm > 6 game losing streak,  Now in the year of our Lord 2021, Akron fires their football coach.   Will Frost be next. :eek: Stayed tuned to this Coaching Carousel channel.  

Note Arth wasn't the coach at the time we were going to play Akron.  Akron pulled the plug before 3 years was completed. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-akron-football-fires-head-coach-tom-arth/ar-AAQjRKg?ocid=entnewsntp

In just his third season at the head of the University of Akron football program, coach Tom Arth has been fired from his post.

According to Bruce Feldman of The Athletic, associate head coach Oscar Rodriguez Jr. is expected to be named the Zips' interim head coach.

In his two-plus seasons with Akron, Arth went just 3-24. In 2019, the team went 0-12, last year they went 1-5 and so far in 2021, the Zips are 2-7.

Prior to joining Akron, Arth had held head-coaching gigs at the University of Chattanooga and John Carroll University.

The Zips are currently on a three-game losing streak, their most recent defeat being a 31-25 loss to Ball State on Tuesday. Akron has finished with a winning record just once in the last 16 seasons.

51 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry to hear that- but not surprised. Justin was a local Tulsa standout QB in high school who went to the school our older son attended.  I talked to his parents before covid hit at church, and they were commenting how stepping up to the ACC was more of a meat grinder in comparrison to Memphis and the AAC.  He also followed a 'VT legend as a head coach - not an easy path to walk. 

• Plus1 3