2021 Coaching Carousel

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

There are quite a few intriguing prospects: Chadwell, DeBoer, Freeze, Herman, Campbell... question is, which one can recruit to Lincoln?

I am sorry but if Herman couldn’t recruit in Texas for UT, I seriously doubt he can be successful in Nebraska. I would take him out of the mix.

11 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am sorry but if Herman couldn’t recruit in Texas for UT, I seriously doubt he can be successful in Nebraska. I would take him out of the mix.

I haven't looked at historical recruiting rankings, but I thought Herman did ok pulling in good classes at Texas.  He just couldn't manage the team on an annual basis and had a number of bad losses. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

according to 247 here are Hermans classes in Texas-

2017- 25th nationally

2018- 3rd nationally

2019- 4th nationally

2020-8th nationally

i think that his problems were that he was 1-3 vs. oklahoma and never won the big 12. of course you hear other stories, but they are nothing unless proven.

• Plus1 2

48 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

2017- 25th nationally

2018- 3rd nationally

2019- 4th nationally

2020-8th nationally

i think that his problems were that he was 1-3 vs. oklahoma and never won the big 12. of course you hear other stories, but they are nothing unless proven.

Yeah, I heard Herman was a big supporter of an Austin-based vodka distiller. 

1 hour ago, JoseyWales said:

2017- 25th nationally

2018- 3rd nationally

2019- 4th nationally

2020-8th nationally

If you can’t win with recruiting classes of this caliber then how can you win with recruiting classes that are ranked 74th in the country. I would rather have a coach that can get much with less than less with much. I would still take fickell, Campbell, and DeBoer before Herman.

40 minutes ago, Cornbred said:

I don't understand the fascination with Campbell. I think his offensive philosophy wouldn't work in the Big 10. 

This X 1,000,000,000,000

Bo struggled going from the big 12 to the big 10.  Frost has struggled hugely,  you really need a big 10 guy here.  I dont know what that means but at least be able to recruit what it takes to win here.  Need a big 10 guy or a sec guy.

• Plus1 2

18 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Not sure, it’s simply speculation as to maybe why Alberts would keep him - maybe he is fixing the athletic department who surprisingly forced an old AD into retirement

Hey look at me, I have a keyboard!

-All Hail Herbie. 

Absolutely.  The good news is that while the keyboard has diminished value, my contributions to this board are an ascending asset.  As an investor, you are welcome.

In all seriousness though, let's have fun with this as we likely have another year to wander in the football wilderness.

Coach Frost did have one thing right yesterday; I too am excited for next year as it will present an opportunity to turn the page as a program.  Repeat after me...."November, 2022".

• Haha 1