New Staff Selection

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We have been in this situation before with Joseph.  If you didn't know he really wants to stay in Louisiana, you haven't been paying attention.  That doesn't mean it's bad that Frost wants to go after him.  But, you can't be surprised if he stays too...especially when LSU is going to fork out a ton of money for assistants.  

That also doesn't mean there isn't other WR coaches out there that are good.

Reading this thread makes me wonder how some people handle stress in their own lives.  

Only this thread? Lol

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 minutes ago, sho said:

And who's the assistant at Oklahoma that did an in home with Stoops and early that morning was texting a recruit in LA for USC?   Just because MJ is still doing his job, doesn't mean he isn't considering Frost offers.  He's still employed at LSU and has requirements there and he will do them until the time comes to switch hats.

And that is landing that coach in a world of trouble with the NCAA lol.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Reading this thread makes me wonder how some people handle stress in their own lives.  

Like Frost handles playcalling, poorly.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm starting to think a lot of people take their real-life issues out on the team/coaches/etc. here on HB. I guess you can only whisper-scream in your basement so much lol

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

My point is, he still is employed by LSU and has a job to do, just because he's doing an in home doesn't mean he isn't coming.  It just means nothing has been finalized and he's still working.   Much like the guy at Oklahoma, he did an in home, doesn't mean he was staying. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, sho said:

And who's the assistant at Oklahoma that did an in home with Stoops and early that morning was texting a recruit in LA for USC?   Just because MJ is still doing his job, doesn't mean he isn't considering Frost offers.  He's still employed at LSU and has requirements there and he will do them until the time comes to switch hats.

The point is we havent had a WR coach since what? 11/8? We need that paper signed last Sunday. 

• Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Brian Kelly was first contacted by LSU like 48 hours before he was announced. Not quite the same. 

but man how badly has Frost f#&%ed this? We’re gonna get Jake Peetz and go 1-11

Really,   your assumption.  No good oc is going to commit to the same job with all the hc openings.  It's a crazy year for changes.  Secondly, Mickey is from Louisiana and until Kelly hires an oc, his job there is up in the air.  Ethical coaches will continue to do there job.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The point is we havent had a WR coach since what? 11/8? We need that paper signed last Sunday. 

We do, but MJ has to see if BK wants him, cause he'd much rather stay there if he can.   Either we hold until he knows his situation or we move on to our second choice.   But everything I read, he's our #1 choice.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really,   your assumption.  No good oc is going to commit to the same job with all the hc openings.  It's a crazy year for changes.  Secondly, Mickey is from Louisiana and until Kelly hires an oc, his job there is up in the air.  Ethical coaches will continue to do there job.

That goes both ways.  We are seeing coaches recruit for one school when they know they are leaving, and basically are lying to recruits/parents faces.  Ethical coaches would cancel those visits and not feed lines to people when they know they aren't true.

3 minutes ago, sho said:

We do, but MJ has to see if BK wants him, cause he'd much rather stay there if he can.   Either we hold until he knows his situation or we move on to our second choice.   But everything I read, he's our #1 choice.

So we wait, Mickey stays and then our 2nd and 3rd choices are already gone and we hire Troy Walters to be our WR coach. 

21 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Sounds like you need a hug…. New here?!?  Assumptions are often times mistaken for facts.  Just because you see korn and MJ recruiting for the teams currently paying them to coach…. Doesn’t mean they’ll stay there. They are recruited to recruit or they’d be in Breech of contract regardless of their plans 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

That goes both ways.  We are seeing coaches recruit for one school when they know they are leaving, and basically are lying to recruits/parents faces.  Ethical coaches would cancel those visits and not feed lines to people when they know they aren't true.

He still has a job and I believe if Kelly wants him he will stay home instead of coming to Nebraska.  He is basically saying I'm committed to the program until otherwise let go.  Not ethics, interviewing to keep his job!

• Plus1 1