Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

25 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/scott-frost-rumored-offensive-coordinator-target-iowa Scott Frost and Iowa never thought I'd mention them both together???? Iowa is moving on from Brian Ferentz.  Husker fans aren't going to take to kindly to him being on their sidelines or will they??

I don't see him coming back to the BIG10.  

31 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I'd be curious to see how this would go.  I think it could be argued that his OC experience (success) was on the coat tails of others.

I think he's a good OC. Even during his time here, there was a lot of praise from neutral observers about his scheme and gameplans. It was just all of the other stuff that he was terrible at, and then the scheme suffered trying to make up for self-inflicted deficiencies.

That said Iowa isn't a good fit. The Big Ten in general is tough, but I think he could run a good offense in the right situation. But a lot of head coaches (Ferentz included) would have limitations on how he runs the offense and I don't see Frost going for that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
37 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Logan Smothers into the game for Jax State after their starting QB goes into the tent. Runs for a first down on his first play.

And he looks pretty good now in the second half.   Glad he got a chance to play in a bowl game finally. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:21 PM, Husker in WI said:

I think he's a good OC. Even during his time here, there was a lot of praise from neutral observers about his scheme and gameplans. It was just all of the other stuff that he was terrible at, and then the scheme suffered trying to make up for self-inflicted deficiencies.

That said Iowa isn't a good fit. The Big Ten in general is tough, but I think he could run a good offense in the right situation. But a lot of head coaches (Ferentz included) would have limitations on how he runs the offense and I don't see Frost going for that.

Scott Frost's offense behind an offensive line he'll inherit from Iowa would be downright dangerous. Anyone thinking different if fooling themselves. Under Frost we moved the ball exceptionally well, but didn't have the brute strength in the lineman in the red zone. Iowa does. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
59 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Scott Frost's offense behind an offensive line he'll inherit from Iowa would be downright dangerous. Anyone thinking different if fooling themselves. Under Frost we moved the ball exceptionally well, but didn't have the brute strength in the lineman in the red zone. Iowa does. 

Don’t how well those OL or any pieces of that offense fit his scheme. Up tempo high octane offense doesn’t fit their overall team philosophy. They like TOP, good punts, no turnovers. Imagine their 265 pound QB that struggles to hand the ball off on outside zone running the read option out of the gun. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1