Running Back Room

TGHusker

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They got rid of the limit on additions per year.  They had put in a 25-addition limit several years ago then modified it to 25 + 7 transfers a year or so ago.  Now they got rid of that.  But the 85 total limit is still in place.

I thought they got rid of the 85 limit this year and next so as not to cause recruiting issues resulting from the gained covid year not counting. As usual I'm probably wrong again. :'(

8 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I thought they got rid of the 85 limit this year and next so as not to cause recruiting issues resulting from the gained covid year not counting. As usual I'm probably wrong again. :'(

The super-seniors didn't count for one year.  But the regular 85 limit is back now.

Grant, Yant, Rhamir, Ervin.

I think by the time we play Oklahoma (or afterward mostly), there will be a pecking order in place for the rest of the year.  

The first 3 games will be good for reps.  NW game will be most difficult defense for those games, for sure.

11 hours ago, admo said:

Grant, Yant, Rhamir, Ervin.

I think by the time we play Oklahoma (or afterward mostly), there will be a pecking order in place for the rest of the year.  

The first 3 games will be good for reps.  NW game will be most difficult defense for those games, for sure.

And then at the end of the season 2 of the 4 will transfer. 

17 hours ago, Farms said:

Jimari Butler letting it slip that Yant is RB1 and is going to be an absolute beast. Or maybe he’s just hyping his buddy but what’s the fun in that. 

I like what Yant has shown with size & power. I recall he’s a walkon to boot.   If he’s the best, great for him. But what does it say about all those scholarship recruits?   I’m really starting to wonder what the ratings really mean and or if our program’s vast recruiting machine and ‘experts’ are actually just following stars and other astrological signs?   Lol.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I like what Yant has shown with size & power. I recall he’s a walkon to boot.   If he’s the best, great for him. But what does it say about all those scholarship recruits?   I’m really starting to wonder what the ratings really mean and or if our program’s vast recruiting machine and ‘experts’ are actually just following stars and other astrological signs?   Lol.  

Yant wasn't exactly your typical walk-on IIRC.  He wasn't exactly highly rated but I believe he was a 3 star recruit out of FL and the main reason he didn't have a lot of offers was academic concerns.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, Farms said:

Jimari Butler letting it slip that Yant is RB1 and is going to be an absolute beast. Or maybe he’s just hyping his buddy but what’s the fun in that. 

Yant looks like a beast. We will see next season if he starts being compared to Braylon Allen. Not saying  he is there right now. But we will see. 

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

He also had a weight issue.  

I didn't listen to it but apparently on his radio show Damon Benning said that he doesn't think Grant will be RB1.  I think he has previously indicated he thinks Ajay Allen will be more ready to play day 1 than Grant which is interesting.  This should be one of the biggest position battles of fall camp.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Farms said:

I didn't listen to it but apparently on his radio show Damon Benning said that he doesn't think Grant will be RB1.  I think he has previously indicated he thinks Ajay Allen will be more ready to play day 1 than Grant which is interesting.  This should be one of the biggest position battles of fall camp.

Did he say why? Not up to speed on the playbook, pass catching, blocking etc.???