2022 Alternate Uniforms - The Scoring Explosion

Mavric

Have they announced which game(s) we'll be wearing them? Really hope it's Minnesota just so the announcers have a reason to bring up the 84-13 game. Oklahoma would also make sense with a tie to the '83 season, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it's just a random game. I don't know if we still stick with other Adidas schools, but that list is shrinking. 

Kind of wish the skers would make the 2019 & 2020 black uni's a regular jersey. to me, that jersey is dope!! I also like the crisp look of the all whites. Tommy A and the boys looked sharp in those. Additionally, it would be awesome imo, if alt uniforms had a more significant purpose. A motto of sorts announced with and coupled to a charity where proceeds of the sales goes to a charity. The jersey after all are licensed, yes? So sales should be easily tracked for charity purposes. 

5 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

Right idea, not sure about the execution. I'm sure to the untrained eye, most people wouldn't even notice they are different to what they wear now.

The sleeves are too short!

The sleeves are too short because that’s the cut of the current jerseys.  It’s impossible to go back to use the exact same jerseys from the early 1980’s because that’s now how jerseys are made now. Also, the players would hate them if they were loose, long jerseys which could easily be grabbed and held onto. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/12/2022 at 8:34 AM, Mavric said:

It's a good sign of their uniforms being traditional and not needing any overhauls.  If I saw the guy wearing the alternate throwbacks, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from what they wore last year.  At least, not without the help of the breakdown in the video...

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The sleeves are too short because that’s the cut of the current jerseys.  It’s impossible to go back to use the exact same jerseys from the early 1980’s because that’s now how jerseys are made now. Also, the players would hate them if they were loose, long jerseys which could easily be grabbed and held onto. 

From a comfort standpoint always like the mesh jersey over the form fitting one, but I was a fat lineman and didn't have to worry about people holding my jersey.

• Haha 1
Just now, ZRod said:

From a comfort standpoint always like the mesh jersey over the form fitting one, but I was a fat lineman and didn't have to worry about people holding my jersey.

I didn't play football past 10th grade, but I always thought the linemen are the biggest proponents of the form-fitted jerseys, as they don't want their opposite linemen to be able to get a hold of their jersey.  In fact, I have heard about linemen using cooking spray and other things to make their jerseys slicker so they can't be grabbed by an opponent.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I didn't play football past 10th grade, but I always thought the linemen are the biggest proponents of the form-fitted jerseys, as they don't want their opposite linemen to be able to get a hold of their jersey.  In fact, I have heard about linemen using cooking spray and other things to make their jerseys slicker so they can't be grabbed by an opponent.

armorall spray worked pretty good.  

• Plus1 1