Who should our next HC be?

He wouldn't be my first choice, but how about will muschamp? He is a great defensive mind and had some success at south carolina before getting canned. If paired with great offensive coordinators could be interesting.

Muschamp 5 million a year contract

Offensive coordinator: Monken or chadwell at 3 million a year. Or someone like Tom herman or Dan mullen

• Haha 1

510.  I have said that I would like, Doeren. I have said I would like Aranda. Back on page 413, or was it 478, maybe it was 500 something, I actually had a gut feeling about it being Aranda.  

Anyways....I have read that Mullen doesn't or didn't like recruiting, hence is failure at Florida (supposedly), why not try and throw the Brinks truck at him and convince him to keep Mickey and Applewhite.  His offensive mind and their quality recruits could be a buzz saw in the west. 

I'm am, for now, sticking with Aranda and/or Doeren. But on page 671, I may have different ideas. Stay posted and keep the pages going.  2 weeks to go, 700 pages is still possible.!!!  GBR

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

Add Mark Stoops to the list of coaches frustrated with his current NIL situation image.png.b64f6e7d5ef5a18c5473d1cfbf91f173.png

I honestly wonder if Stoops is getting his name out there for the NU and Auburn jobs in order to extract as much as possible from the Kentucky administration/boosters.

• Plus1 4
12 hours ago, Red Five said:

Lars Anderson speaks

Lars Anderson 2 months ago

Also Lars Anderson 1.5 years ago

Actually,  Ed Stewart was the choice but he declined the offer.  

12 hours ago, Red Five said:

Lars Anderson speaks

Lars Anderson 2 months ago

Also Lars Anderson 1.5 years ago

Actually,  Ed Stewart was the choice but he declined the offer.  

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

From newest Split Zone Duo podcast/Stephen Godfrey (who is as connected as connected one can be to coaching searches):

Good process by Trev.  "Quiet, smart search"

One plugged in source: "They are going to feel good no matter what. They're really happy with the depth of the list they have assembled".  But that source didn't disclose any names.

Names Godfrey has heard with interest from one side or the other (no specific order): Rhule, Monken, Leipold, Doeren, Stoops, Campbell

Co-host believes Doeren would be great at Nebraska because "he knows how to build lines"

Trev has handled MJ respectfully, but it wont be him as HC

NU is ready to roll with NIL.  Coach will be someone who plays NIL game.  Big strike against Campbell.

Source believes its not as bad of situation as one would think

Has a gut feeling it might be done and will be rolled out right after season is over

Regarding Patterson, doesn't think there is any credibility there.  He would be a "step back" because he "does not want anything to do with college football in its current or future state".  Would be shocked if he is actually on Trev's list.

https://www.patreon.com/m/6284331/posts

For me:

Rhule

Leipold

Doeren

Monken/Stoops

Campbell

• Plus1 4
10 hours ago, M.A. said:

In that case, give me Mickey Joseph!

Well, at least we know he wants the job.  Not so sure about any of the others on the lists we've been seeing.   Heard some noises about Campbell saying so.. hope to hell not. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Doeren

Fun fact.  NC State has won their last 2 games (including one over a ranked WF) being led by backup true freshman QB MJ Morris.  Morris had multiple crystal ball predictions to Nebraska (and Nebraska seemed to cool on him in favor of others, including Torres).  He is coached by Tim Beck and thrown 6 TDs to 0 INTs in those 2 games.

If its Doeren, I wonder if Morris comes with him.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If it's down to Campbell or MJ, I'll take MJ.

Gosh yes.  It's ugly right now as he works his way through this season with the same warts that Frost grew, but let's give him '23 and let him recruit etc.  I think he's aware that he not only needs to recruit and develop players, but also bring in staff and develop himself.  I think he's that kind of person.  I think he'd do very well for us in the long run.  Plus, and this should not be relevant but it is, he'd be the first African American Head Coach in any sport at Nebraska.

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Fun fact.  NC State has won their last 2 games (including one over a ranked WF) being led by backup true freshman QB MJ Morris.  Morris had multiple crystal ball predictions to Nebraska (and Nebraska seemed to cool on him in favor of others, including Torres).  He is coached by Tim Beck and thrown 6 TDs to 0 INTs in those 2 games.

If its Doeren, I wonder if Morris comes with him.

Fun hypothetical:

If it's Doeren, does he bring Beck and Garrison as assistants?

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

For me:

Rhule

Leipold

Doeren

Monken/Stoops

Campbell

A few ideas I am dwelling on this am. I just cant get it out of mind that it almost has to be Rhule doesn't it? I think it got white hot last week and almost leaked 100% before damage control took over. I don't think Trev wants anything out until Iowa week, but wouldn't be surprised something was locked up with someone, perhaps Rhule last week. 

Ted carters twitter was following Luke Fickell and Lane Kiffin as of last weekend before the social media detectives noticed that was the only two head coaches he follows. It appears that Ted has removed those follows after rumors started spreading about why he was following them. 

DB said on his show yesterday he sees Mickey as a million dollar associate head coach/coordinator. Local radio shows keep saying Mickey is their lean for HC. No one has a clue. 

Trev has done such a good job with this search he is driving us all crazy as it has been 59 days without an answer. I would say anything is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Fun hypothetical:

If it's Doeren, does he bring Beck and Garrison as assistants?

I think Garrison for sure

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, huskerpower22 said:

A few ideas I am dwelling on this am. I just cant get it out of mind that it almost has to be Rhule doesn't it? I think it got white hot last week and almost leaked 100% before damage control took over. I don't think Trev wants anything out until Iowa week, but wouldn't be surprised something was locked up with someone, perhaps Rhule last week. 

My theory - piecing together a bunch of random tea leaves - is that there was some sort of conference call last week with the BoR.  But it wasn't the actual approval that was in the rumor mill.  It was for Trev to tell them what he had worked out and make sure everyone was on board.   And I think the most likely scenario is it was for Rhule so they are getting that finalized.  

I still don't think anything will be announced until the season is over.  But they'll have it ready to announce probably the Saturday after the Iowa game.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1