AlaSker

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brix commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And...who would that be?

Bill Callahan for starters. 

But seriously, I mean, what kind of question is this? I'm not even paid 100$ a year to know the ins and outs of O-Line coaches, but there are guys that are paid, say, 5 million dollars a year to be up to speed on these things. They should understand when trying to sell a vision of a great development on an otherwise horrible line, you have to bring your A game. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Bill Callahan for starters. 

But seriously, I mean, what kind of question is this? I'm not even paid 100$ a year to know the ins and outs of O-Line coaches, but there are guys that are paid, say, 5 million dollars a year to be up to speed on these things. They should understand when trying to sell a vision of a great development on an otherwise horrible line, you have to bring your A game. 

So your complaint is that the offensive line coach is bad, but you can't name one realistic replacement option that would better? I'd suggest we pump the brakes on calling for people to be fired for now as we're trending in the right direction. Raiola has helped in adding some young talent in his year and a half on the staff(s) and if he's able to help reel in Brix, that would be quite the snag. We need to give him and the rest of the staff time to put it all together.

FWIW, we're 17th in the country in rushing offense at 200.5 ypg and doing so without two of three upperclassmen running backs, three starting receivers, and a mobile QB. If we maintain that number, we should remain in the top 20 of rushing offenses in the country which would be our best finish since 2014. It's not a world-beating sign of improvement, but it is certainly a step in the right direction in one area at least.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

So your complaint is that the offensive line coach is bad, but you can't name one realistic replacement option that would better? I'd suggest we pump the brakes on calling for people to be fired for now as we're trending in the right direction. Raiola has helped in adding some young talent in his year and a half on the staff(s) and if he's able to help reel in Brix, that would be quite the snag. We need to give him and the rest of the staff time to put it all together.

FWIW, we're 17th in the country in rushing offense at 200.5 ypg and doing so without two of three upperclassmen running backs, three starting receivers, and a mobile QB. If we maintain that number, we should remain in the top 20 of rushing offenses in the country which would be our best finish since 2014. It's not a world-beating sign of improvement, but it is certainly a step in the right direction in one area at least.

Yeah I think for 1/2 way through year 1 and we have a respectable defense and a decent rushing attack is the closest we have had to an identity for quite a few years. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 5

Pick on me all u want :) I really don't care what message boarders say lol

I've seen these kids play live...a lot.  Brix is Tyler Blum 2.0...don't know him?  Look him up.  And no I'm not jaydon lol...I dont even live in Underwood, the beef jerky capitol of Iowa...but they should win a state title fwiw.

I haven't been wrong about too many western iowa guys since I moved back to the area.  

I hope this kid is awesome, and I hope we get him...but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's the second coming of Tyler Blum.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Pick on me all u want :) I really don't care what message boarders say lol

I've seen these kids play live...a lot.  Brix is Tyler Blum 2.0...don't know him?  Look him up.  And no I'm not jaydon lol...I dont even live in Underwood, the beef jerky capitol of Iowa...but they should win a state title fwiw.

I haven't been wrong about too many western iowa guys since I moved back to the area.  

I hope this kid is awesome, and I hope we get him...but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's the second coming of Tyler Blum.

Agree wholeheartedly! I basically said same thing a few posts back…. Without the Blum comparison (which is a good comparison)

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

'local eyeball test high school talent evaluator genius' is one of my favorite and one of the most entertaining subcategories of huskerboard posters

Has anyone confirmed if both Brix and the other prospect being plugged come a strong family?

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

• Mavric changed the title to OT Grant Brix
  • Mavric pinned this topic