Injury updates

mwj98

Jesus TFing Christ, it may just be easier from this point forward to list the kids on the team that are healthy. :B)

Seriously, though, if Fyfe played that second half with a broken wrist, a) the kid is a baller like Tommy, and b) it certainly explains the drop off.

This is starting to feel like that homely looking game at Iowa in 2012, where both teams averaged less than 4 yards a play and it may or may not have been great defense.

Hopefully it looks like that one, and not the one in 2013, where we trotted out our 3rd string quarterback and got fairly embarrassed.

Well it is tough to hear we are so short on QBs. I am very disappointed that all of my dire warnings clear back in August about having POB ready to play and making sure we had serviceable QBs aplenty were apparently not heeded by Riley and Company. I know many on this board poo-pooed my feeling that playing POB was important THIS YEAR as a redshirt of one freshman QB is not worth losing several games or even one or two later on. Hopefully we make it through with the skin of our teeth! But ??? All we need is a simple blow to Darlington's head in the second quarter and we are in big trouble. Punting on first down is NOT a viable option, especially with our lackluster punting.

We lose this one to Iowa for want of a QB and Minne knocks off Wiscy and there will be lots of serious grumbling going on. This could end up costing us a good bowl spot and hurt the recruiting class as we attempt to finish out in the top ten vs outside the top twenty five.

I am very disappointed that all of my dire warnings clear back in August about having POB ready to play and making sure we had serviceable QBs aplenty were apparently not heeded by Riley and Company.

who says he isn't ready to play if he has to? they won't burn his shirt at this point unless it is the only option left though. and actually...no one has said that tommy, ryker, or darlington is out for this weekend. and DPE also played highschool qb if i recall correctly. we may not be full strength...but we will have someone out there.

I am very disappointed that all of my dire warnings clear back in August about having POB ready to play and making sure we had serviceable QBs aplenty were apparently not heeded by Riley and Company.

who says he isn't ready to play if he has to? they won't burn his shirt at this point unless it is the only option left though. and actually...no one has said that tommy, ryker, or darlington is out for this weekend. and DPE also played highschool qb if i recall correctly. we may not be full strength...but we will have someone out there.

Wait....84 was actually sending warnings to Riley and Company???....or does he think Riley and Company actually read these boards to get good coaching advice?

• Fire 2

This is starting to feel like that homely looking game at Iowa in 2012, where both teams averaged less than 4 yards a play and it may or may not have been great defense.

Hopefully it looks like that one, and not the one in 2013, where we trotted out our 3rd string quarterback and got fairly embarrassed.

Well Ron Kellogg III had played in 10 games that season, thrown 134 passes and completed a miracle finish at Northwestern, and more than a few people thought his senior leadership and completion % made him equal to or preferable to Tommy. That team also had Ameer Abdullah and a pretty stellar receiving corps healthy for the game. Which was Senior Day at home, in a game that everyone knew was crucial for keeping Bo Pelini off the hot seat.

Yeah. Iowa 2013 was pretty embarrassing.

I'll take the 13 -7 slogfest in 2012.

Or even better? Nebraska finishes the regular season with its first consistent four quarter game in recent memory.

Everyone knows redshirting means you don't talk to the guy. POB during practice was relegated to the portajohn and not allowed to come out until everyone had left the field.

If POB's redshirt is burned on Friday, Riley needs to be fired on Saturday.

• Fire 2