** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Nope.  If he told an 18 yo that it would be on social media by the end of the hour.

True, but I was wondering if he told them there was a strong possibility or something to that effect.  Otherwise, why would they all of a sudden 'jump ship' if they knew he wasn't coming back?  Hearsay? I'm hoping that Scott will come back and that many of these recruits will come back.  It's the same each year.  We have these marvelous recruits that give us a 'verbal commit' and then they leave.  So sad.

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be very disappointed in him if he did.  That would be unethical since he is still employed at UCF.

Oh, I was speaking of Coach Riley, not Scott. :)

Was listening to a national sports talk radio program, and some "expert" they had on thought Frost to Nebraska was a 33% chance, and listed reasons why he might go elsewhere.  One of the reasons he gave was something along the lines of "Nebraska isn't going to be able to pay what he might be offered at these  other schools...."

I immediately discredited everything he said at that point.  Some people don't really understand the financial potential Nebraska really has, and the motivation to pay whatever is necessary for the "right coach".  What we are paying Riley is not an indication of what we would/could pay Frost IMO.  Riley was a discount purchase.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Yes, Moore & Williams.

I also would be concerned about Goodrich (although I think family likes proximity) and Cam Brown.

I think we have a chance to hang onto those guys, but the problem is, all of these other "big fish" we are in on right now, are not going to commit to Riley knowing what is going on. So even if we were to keep Riley, this class could end up rotten.

Personally, I think we were set up for a lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes with those big fish anyway. Just imho. And that's been the common theme here for the most part. 

10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

True, but I was wondering if he told them there was a strong possibility or something to that effect.  Otherwise, why would they all of a sudden 'jump ship' if they knew he wasn't coming back?  Hearsay? I'm hoping that Scott will come back and that many of these recruits will come back.  It's the same each year.  We have these marvelous recruits that give us a 'verbal commit' and then they leave.  So sad.

Oh, I was speaking of Coach Riley, not Scott. :)

You don't think these kids see what's going on?  They know the possibility of Riley being here next year is VERY slim.  It's all over the place.

Did anyone else hear Damon Benning make this prediction this morning?

“How many fans across the country and the state of Nebraska would think that Bill Moos would make a run at Scott Frost without making a run at Chip Kelly first? Anyone? He’s gonna start… If they make a change, he’s gonna start with Chip Kelly. I feel 99.8% confident in saying that out loud.”

(starts at the 15:40 mark)

• Plus1 1