** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan State (Game 9) **

I think this spread is way more accurate than those betting percentages suggest.

Mich St is both better than their record and their stats suggest. In a small sample size, those beatings by Washington and Michigan are carrying a lot of weight. Washington in particular was 713 yards of offense!

The two team's profiles are similar.  Both defenses are better vs the run than the pass, both offenses struggle, and both teams turn the ball over way, way too much. While it's cliche to suggest whomever controls the turnover battle wins, in this game it may be the entire ball game.  It's hard to have confidence that Nebraska can ring them up many times through the air, and if you don't do that their defense is actually fairly stout.

Home underdogs against a team that not only turns the ball over a lot but has a tendency to do it in its own territory......I can't say I'm betting against that 91% of the time. This line has trap written all over it.

• Plus1 2

Seems like Leavitt has the potential to make MSU better. He was highly rated out of high school and used his legs a lot against Minnesota late, but that was also bend but don’t break from Minnesota. His passes look good, but the decision making screams freshmen. I don’t know if he can provide another layer for them to get something going or if Nebraska having a week to review his film will eat him alive. MSU hasn’t had answers all year on offense and I am not sure I would be confident it starts this weekend. Minnesota also gifted the ball to MSU early last week and all that came of it was no first downs and field goals. 

Nebraska has been chaotic, but the only way to MSU covering is a lot of Nebraska turnovers (3-5). Even if Nebraska hands 2 over, MSU might still only score 10-13 and I don’t think that will be enough for them. There is a lot of room for a Nebraska win with control and only a small to medium window for MSU to get gifts and exchange them for a lot of points.

• Oh Yeah! 1

29 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Do we have a majority Husker crowd for this game? Will it be like a home game? I can’t imagine many MSU fans showing up and tickets are going for $3. Seems like a lot of Husker fans would enjoy seeing us become bowl eligible in person for the first time in 7 years. 

11am game - I think we will travel well but I doubt it is a majority.  Hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing 70/30 or maybe 60/40.  If it was a 2:30 kickoff, I think it would be closer to 50/50.  

12 hours ago, Hilltop said:

11am game - I think we will travel well but I doubt it is a majority.  Hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing 70/30 or maybe 60/40.  If it was a 2:30 kickoff, I think it would be closer to 50/50.  

Yep this. It takes a while to get from Chadron to East Lansing. 

• TBH 1