** 2023 Opponent Preview : Maryland (Game 10) **

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wonder how many people complaining about the game being on Peacock are also old enough to remember that most games WEREN’T TELEVISED AT ALL, even into the early 1990’s. 

I wonder why anyone would give a s#!t about that today...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

I wonder why anyone would give a s#!t about that today...

I just don’t get all the whining and b!^@hing about this game being shown on Peacock.  Is it the inconvenience of getting the app? Is it the extra cost? What exactly is this “principle of it” that people are complaining about?

Three months ago, people were doing backflips about all the cash the new media rights was going to provide NU and the rest of the Big Ten. Now they complain because a game is going to be televised by one of the agreed upon broadcast partners?

Would they like to see how much the Disney Corp. forced cable and satellite providers to pony up so they had could include ESPN and other channels on their cable/satellite TV package? It certainly was a lot more than $6 a month than what Peacock costs. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Understand that any "whining and b!tching" I'm doing is with a healthy dose of humor and amusement. I'm pointing out the annoyance of having to sign up, even albeit temporarily, for yet another streaming service. I am all too aware of the media deal the B1G struck and what that means in terms of network availability. I am definitely old enough to remember the days of 2 to 4 games being televised at all. It's OK. We're gonna get through this!

But I still don't have to like it 

And I may take the aforementioned suggestion and do my best Mike Leach impression instead of signing up for PPcock

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
On 10/30/2023 at 11:20 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I just don’t get all the whining and b!^@hing about this game being shown on Peacock.  Is it the inconvenience of getting the app? Is it the extra cost? What exactly is this “principle of it” that people are complaining about?

It's all of it. Number one NBC is terrible at broadcasting college football. There's a reason why they only really had Notre Dame games until recently. I tried watching the OSU-Wiscy game last week and about feel asleep because the announcer sounded like he should have been calling a golf tournament.

Number two the best part of joining the B1G for fans was BTN. It meant that every game was going to be broadcast on an (at the time) average cable subscription between Fox, ESPN/ABC, and BTN. PPV was going to be dead! Now the average consumer has to manage tons of apps and subscriptions, and the costs are quickly becoming more than the old cable bill.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

5 hours ago, commando said:

i am old and don't have that channel so going to turn on the radio and pretend i am listening to Lyell Bremser

Pffft, you are not old!  You are classic, vintage and iconic chuckleshuffle 

Just like bell-bottom jeans, Led Zeppelin, Fondue, The Whopper and Gene Rayburn (from the Match Game) !!!

Unfortunately, you might've been too old when The McRib came out , but you still enjoy it ;)