Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

• 1 month later...

On 9/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, jager said:

The Big 10 has had an eye out for NC and Virginia I believe. If Clemson and FSU join the SEC, I could definitely see the Big 10 going after NC and ND. Honestly, I could see them going after Clemson and FSU:dunno

Clemson screams SEC culture to me.  Florida State and Miami makes more sense.  I remember Jim Delany was kicking the tires on UNC and UVA was rumored.

Both FSU and Miami reporters are saying that they will be joining the B1G right after bowl season.  Their “sources” are telling them that the B1G has already vetted them and gave them approval.  FSU isn’t AAU yet but have applied and the B1G is willing to overlook it. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

15 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Both FSU and Miami reporters are saying that they will be joining the B1G right after bowl season.  Their “sources” are telling them that the B1G has already vetted them and gave them approval.  FSU isn’t AAU yet but have applied and the B1G is willing to overlook it. 

This would be the 2nd Greatest thing to happen this offseason.  

FSU & the U to the Big Ten with Nebraska?!!!  Yes please.  :worship

XWBIJEXTJRHRFDOCO46XUQGOCQ.jpg

miami-hurricanes-football-the-chain-remains.jpg

Y-SEMINOLE-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

514nP6eWpRL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

On 12/16/2023 at 4:45 AM, Stumpy1 said:

Which reporters?

There are a lot of CFB expansion accounts that make vague predictions and are often wrong. The ACC GoR seem extremely strong. 

At this point the money doesn't really make sense to add any teams. Furthermore, the B1G doesn't need to improve the football product on the field. The conference is already extremely difficult and they will likely have 2-3 teams qualify for the playoff every year. Adding FSU and Miami will just create a conference where the top teams all end up 9-3.

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Which reporters?

There are a lot of CFB expansion accounts that make vague predictions and are often wrong. The ACC GoR seem extremely strong. 

At this point the money doesn't really make sense to add any teams. Furthermore, the B1G doesn't need to improve the football product on the field. The conference is already extremely difficult and they will likely have 2-3 teams qualify for the playoff every year. Adding FSU and Miami will just create a conference where the top teams all end up 9-3.

CFB is moving to 12 team playoff, and 9-3 might get you in (borderline), as long as you are in the SEC.  Or perhaps from the Big Ten.  So don't be so shocked.

But also, look how much has changed in the landscape of college football within that past 4 years or so. 

NIL - players getting paid.  Transfer portal.  12 team playoffs.  Super Conferences (OU & UT to SEC.... USC/Oregon, etc to Big Ten).  You get the point.

If you can imagine, the playoffs might even make it to 16 teams down the road (meaning, in 3 years).  Perhaps maxing out at 20 teams.

9-3 gets you in the playoffs, even if you didn't make it to a conference championship game (if that still becomes a thing).

Why FSU and Miami to the B1G?  Well they are not feeling it in the ACC, they see the ACC projecting downward while the SEC and Big Ten are projecting upward (and the $$$$$$ millions that come with it).

And finally, if FSU and Miami want to come to the B1G, you let them and you accept them and you embrace them.  You have the best of the West Coast, the Midwest, some of the East, and you add Florida. 

Otherwise, if you don't accept them, they will just go to the SEC.  But it is their preference to join the Big Ten, and that makes it even more snazzy if you ask me.

Hope this helps you comprehend the future of college football.  NiL.  Transfer Portal.  CFB playoffs.  Big Money.  Big Payouts. Joel Klatt.  State Farm.  ESPN.  Podcasts.  Fox Sports.  Gus Johnson. Pat McAfee.  Bevo.  College Gameday.   Reece Davis.  Matthew McConauhey.  The world is upside down.  And FSU & Miami would like to join the Big Ten Conference.  Make sense to me and lots of people.  Hope this helps you understand.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1