Single Digit Numbers

On 8/9/2023 at 5:51 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

First 4 players were announced this evening. Awarded to the toughest players, voted by their teammates.

1 - Kemp

2 - Gifford

4 - Reimer

7 - Sims 

It really do feel like these fellas would be among the 1st to get the honor.  Just from how every coach and player talks about them since winter/spring.  

Luv it

I find it especially interesting that the top 9 (unless they use a 0 ), are voted on by the team as the toughest, hardest working, lead by example, dudes.  The Alpha Huskers. 

I suppose it’s a season long deal.  

Four more yet to be chosen:

Im thinking maybe Fidone will be in the short list.  

Maybe a Scott, or a Ervin or Hartzog and Newsome.  Fields just a frosh but he’s a real stud and probably an all Big Ten guy in a couple years.  

16 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I’d really like to see Henrich do something.  He appears capable, but I’ve been underwhelmed.  I’m hopeful it was just he was part of a terrible D.

Henrich has been hampered by injuries, but has also struggled to play in space.  He seemed his fastest and most explosive when he was a spot player as a freshman in the COVID year.  Maybe the S&C team will be able to get his quickness back.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Is that a NCAA rule that offensive lineman can't wear single digits?  Is the reason they can't wear single digits bc it would confuse defense's?

It's a rule at all levels (except 8 man football) to determine eligible receivers and linemen down field. That's why you'll occasionally hear them report as eligible in a funky formation. 

• TBH 1