ESPN College Game Day - Time to gain back respect

College game day 8/26 and they talk about Nebraska...

"Well, Nebraska has a new coach.... again"  *snicker*

"wonder when they will ever win a game again"  *ha ha ha*

I know respect has to be earned, but I hope Coach Rhule plays the clip for the players and tells them from the get go, it's time to make a statement.  

Nothing would make me more proud than to see Kirk Herbstreet and the rest of the SEC loving people at ESPN eat their words. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I know respect has to be earned, but I hope Coach Rhule plays the clip for the players and tells them from the get go, it's time to make a statement.  

Nothing would make me more proud than to see Kirk Herbstreet and the rest of the SEC loving people at ESPN eat their words. 

The problem is they kept saying positive and hopeful things about Nebraska football and Nebraska football kept making them eat their words.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 5

8 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Actually Herb Street has been pretty fair over the years and respects the program .... it's Desmond Howard who adds nothing but negativity and ignorance to the show

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Game Day isn't garbage at all.  I tend to watch bc of Lee Corso and Rece Davis.  

Rece just goes along with the crowd, he's fine but Fowler was always the best point man. Corso was fun, but he's been a shell of himself since his stroke. Outside of the feel good segments Herbstret is the only valuable piece left on the show. David Pollock is and idiot, and Des is trash.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Rece just goes along with the crowd, he's fine but Flower was always the best point man. Corso was fun, but he's been a shell of himself since his stroke. Outside of the feel good segments Herbstret is the only valuable piece left on the show. David Pollock is and idiot, and Des is trash.

This. ^^^
Fowler was great. I always liked Herbie. And Corso was fun because you never knew what crazy thing he was going to say or do but is just sorta sad now. I never have liked Rece but he is okay I guess. Pollack is worthless. The other new guy (can’t even think of his name) is useless. and Des is just an effin tool. His voice and laugh is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

It sucks getting called out when your program has been trash.  I too am butthurt.

Good stuff.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

You all do realize that it won’t matter if we run the table, ESPN won’t give us or any other B1G school (save maybe Ohio State and Michigan) props now that their network is anchored to the ACC, BIG XII, and SEC, right? The B1G has nothing to do with ESPN or ABC now. 

This is why Fox is going forward with their own version of College GameDay—so there’s counter programming and commentary to bolster the B1G and conferences it has significant ties with (see BIG XII). 

• TBH 1
On 8/26/2023 at 11:18 AM, Crusader Husker said:

I haven't watch anything on ESPN that isn't live sports in probably 10 years.

ESPN has been trash for a long time.  The only thing I watch on there is F1.  Even Sports Center has become unwatchable.  The anchors are morons with the personalities of a block of wood.  This time of year, the only stories are preseason NFL and them trying to prove that the WNBA is worth watching (it's not).  They cover 15 MLB games in about 3 minutes of highlights and any preseason CFB is SEC only - because they are the only conference they care about (it has been that way for a long time).

• TBH 1