*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

A lost is a lost. I get that. This one felt different than.previous MN losses. MN wasn’t more physical than Nebraska. N’s OL wasn’t great, but it didn’t get dominated like it has in the past against this team. N looked better conditioned to me than in the past, and without the turnovers and penalties,  they win. The D line didn’t get pushed around like in the past. It seemed the best team didn’t win tonight. But I agree if Sims continues to throw pick offs and the penalties continue, it will be the same oh story. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, Pedro G said:

A lost is a lost. I get that. This one felt different than.previous MN losses. MN wasn’t more physical than Nebraska. N’s OL wasn’t great, but it didn’t get dominated like it has in the past against this team. N looked better conditioned to me than in the past, and without the turnovers and penalties,  they win. The D line didn’t get pushed around like in the past. It seemed the best team didn’t win tonight. But I agree if Sims continues to throw pick offs and the penalties continue, it will be the same oh story. 

While certainly disappointing, I saw a lot of reasons to be optimistic for the future of the Huskers.

• TBH 2

I honestly think cu is gonna whoop our butts  shedeur is special there running backs are deep receivers are fast and deep and defense is talented on all 3 phases plays one of the best coaching staffs in America and the game is in Boulder they also have one of the best players in the nation playing both sides Travis hunter

• TBH 2

Losing yet another game while being up by a touchdown with less than 3 minutes to go has convinced me that we need a full-time psychologist on staff to try and understand what goes in these players minds. We had three chances to put the game away and we just gave it to Minnesota. Fear of success has been a scary issue with husker football over the past decade. 2-14 in one score games…you just can’t make this stuff up. If we ever crawl back to relevance, it is a Hollywood movie right there. Right now, it is a horror show. 

The sad thing is I truly felt that we had this game in the bag and that this game would be a turning point. Joke on me.

5 minutes ago, Huskerbuster said:

I honestly think cu is gonna whoop our butts  shedeur is special there running backs are deep receivers are fast and deep and defense is talented on all 3 phases plays one of the best coaching staffs in America and the game is in Boulder they also have one of the best players in the nation playing both sides Travis hunter

Thanks for stopping by, buster. Good luck against TCU this weekend. 

Ps- are they not teaching punctuation and grammar in Boulder anymore? 

28 minutes ago, 307husker said:

While certainly disappointing, I saw a lot of reasons to be optimistic for the future of the Huskers.

I feel like it's a bit of Nebraska spinning in circles.

Defensive improvement, but offensive regression. Strange play calling choices along with penalties costing us points.

Hopefully we see improvement, but teams are going to stack the box and make Sims throw. It's going to be a long season if he doesn't improve rapidly. 

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Losing yet another game while being up by a touchdown with less than 3 minutes to go has convinced me that we need a full-time psychologist on staff to try and understand what goes in these players minds. We had three chances to put the game away and we just gave it to Minnesota. Fear of success has been a scary issue with husker football over the past decade. 2-14 in one score games…you just can’t make this stuff up. If we ever crawl back to relevance, it is a Hollywood movie right there. Right now, it is a horror show. 

The sad thing is I truly felt that we had this game in the bag and that this game would be a turning point. Joke on me.

Fans could certainly use psychologists in relation to what these teams put us through!

When there's four turnovers, that's terribly difficult to overcome. Mostly that's on Sims. He has to learn to make better decisions.

Add in mental errors, an unusual game plan and play calling perhaps among a few other limiting factors, that results in the outcome. Mainly though, it's the turnovers here.  It's a little bit like drops of liquid from droppers all combined together. Each drop either elevates or diminishes the quality of the whole. We're simply not a good enough team yet with enough complementary constituents which makes us vulnerable. 

6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Dr. Brett Haskell (Univ of Nebr full time sports psychologist) says hi.

The Huskers looked better in the second half but you can’t expect to win with three interceptions and a fumble.

Still concerned that the offensive is not good enough to control the clock with the run game.  
Overall, I still don’t like a three man defensive front line but they did better thanI expected.

1 hour ago, StuckinCO said:

We tackled much, much better than in the past and our defense did really swarm to the ball. Unfortunately, I don’t think Minnesota’s offense is anything special. 

Fleck is a good coach and this may be the year he gets plucked by a blue blood. 

It's time to give this man his flowers