What did we learn? Colorado edition

1 hour ago, Lunchbucket said:

Like the announcers said Sanders if rebuilding from outside in which is quick. Rhule is rebuilding from the inside out which takes longer. Sanders brought in a ton of people to play now. Rhule brought in a lot of freshman to grow. 

We weren't picked to win over MN, we didn't but gave it a shot

We weren't picked to win over CU, we didnt. We need to slow the roll. We weren't good and this isn't gonna happen overnight. It pains me to say that

Sims needs to figure his s#!t out.  Sadly we don't have a lot of backups that can play better. 

Still painful 

We’ve been waiting 20 years for the rebuild to be finished. Pelini won 9 his first season.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 6

Learned that:

(1) it is going to take Rhule a long time to turn things around as he does not seem to recognize talent. Letting Casey Thompson leave and bringing Sims shows lack of vision and ability to identify talent.

(2) Rhule has done nothing to reduce killer penalties and improve discipline on that side of the game. The team continues to commit extremely costly penalties that kill momentum and affect morale.

(3) half time adjustments are nonexistent.

(4) the team has no confidence or swagger. It does not seem like the team believes in husker pride but then again, we have been a joke for so long that all these guys only remember us being a bad team

(5) I really believed that we could make the postseason this year and I believed that a 6-6 finish would be great progress. I do not see that happening this year, definitely not with this offense or QB

(6) there is a noticeable improvement in defense and special teams as compared to previous years but then again, Frost did not set the bar high. In fact, Frost had no bar, may be a twig.

I think it's more like "Meet the new system, same as the old system."

Why does our program insist on having a QB that can run? It just feels right to so many people, apparently. But you can't keep rolling out these QB's with no talent in the passing game.

And I don't think you can just blame the offensive line entirely. If your QB doesn't suck with his throws and your offensive coordinator has a pulse, you come up with a product to dodge the blitz. We just have jack s*** in this scheme with a QB that no team respects as a passer. This guy isn't even in the same league as the two Martinez's, IMO.

Colorado just faced one of the toughest defenses they'll see, and still put up 36.  They're going to cook this season.  What an insane turnaround from last season.  Their AD understood the assignment.  Keep him on the short list.

Disappointing Nebraska's offensive line wasn't able to take over the game against that defensive front.  Such a sad state of affairs for a program that used to pride itself on having the most physically dominant offensive line in college football.  Raiola is a complete hack and Whipple was made the scapegoat.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

Obvious the turnovers are the biggest knock on Sims, but what really sealed the deal for me was watching him run out of bounds on third down near the end of the first half.

Stay in bounds, run the clock. Takes no skill, it's just situational awareness. Everyone with their head in the game knew the situation. A stupid play on top of baffling plays that may have handed CU a field goal. Sims level of failure was complete.

So now that Ervin has as many fourth quarter fumbles as Grant, is Grant going to be allowed back on the field? 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Obvious the turnovers are the biggest knock on Sims, but what really sealed the deal for me was watching him run out of bounds on third down near the end of the first half.

Stay in bounds, run the clock. Takes no skill, it's just situational awareness. Everyone with their head in the game knew the situation. A stupid play on top of baffling plays that may have handed CU a field goal. Sims level of failure was complete.

So now that Ervin has has many fourth quarter fumbles as Grant, is Grant going to be allowed back on the field? 

This is exactly what drives me nuts. Multiple decades of the team doing stupid s#!t like this. It shouldn’t ever be a problem. Ever.

I learned Nebraska fans are the unrealistic zealots we’ve been painted as for 50 years. We are just a proud base that loves football and wants to see it played well. Look no further than the huge pride and support given to the defense in the past two games. Newsflash, there are no world beaters in that defense, (although Lenhartd going to be one), and they really haven’t done anything exceptional, but they play smart, sound, and with heart and we eat it up.  They are coached smart, sound, and to play with heart and we eat it up. 

The problem is we haven’t seen an offense to match that in 15 years.  The problem is that nothing there looks to be any better this year. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Disappointing Nebraska's offensive line wasn't able to take over the game against that defensive front.  Such a sad state of affairs for a program that used to pride itself on having the most physically dominant offensive line in college football.  Raiola is a complete hack and Whipple was made the scapegoat.

This is 100% the key

34 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Same here. His football IQ appears to be... really low. You've already gift wrapped 10 points to the other team, then you go and do that right before half to give them 3 more? Instead of this being a 0-0 or 0-3 slugfest at half you effectively put your team down 2 TDs all on your own, and they get the ball back to start the 2nd half. Dude shouldn't be playing.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1