Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sounds like its going to be Purdy starting tomorrow.

Early in the week during the press conf Rhule pretty much hinted this, so this would not surprise anyone by now.

I'm not sure it would make a difference at this point.  It's also possible after a few turnovers or struggling offensively that the "backup of the week" will come in like a relief pitcher.  

Wish HH was healthy and could go.  A tiny bit anxious to see Purdy.  And maybe Sims plays out of his mind, given the chance this week.  Not holding my breath tho.

There is so much we already know about these 3 QBs that it really doesn't matter.  We just hope the guys can score touchdowns and limit the turnovers, fumbles, poor passes, and taking too many sacks.  That is the all we can ask for.  

4 hours ago, admo said:

Early in the week during the press conf Rhule pretty much hinted this, so this would not surprise anyone by now.

I'm not sure it would make a difference at this point.  It's also possible after a few turnovers or struggling offensively that the "backup of the week" will come in like a relief pitcher.  

Wish HH was healthy and could go.  A tiny bit anxious to see Purdy.  And maybe Sims plays out of his mind, given the chance this week.  Not holding my breath tho.

There is so much we already know about these 3 QBs that it really doesn't matter.  We just hope the guys can score touchdowns and limit the turnovers, fumbles, poor passes, and taking too many sacks.  That is the all we can ask for.  

I’m not going into this game expecting HH or Sims to play any different. So, I’m welcoming a new QB even though it might be the same as the others. But….maybe miracles can happen. 

• TBH 1

6 hours ago, commando said:

i like the idea of giving purdy a chance to show what he can do.   maybe he shows he has a place on this team next year.  not expecting great things but am not opposed to trying   

I didn’t get to watch all the game (missed the 3rd quarter) but from what I seen Chubba is easily the best Qb on the roster. He looked considerably better throwing the ball than HH or Simms, and he can run as well. Idc if the other two are healthy next week, I think he gives us our best shot to beat Iowa and looks to be the best option to lead the team next year unless we get a legit Qb in the portal 

• Plus1 2

Purdy played good enough tonight. Hope he gets the start against Iowa so we can better assess him. We know what we have In Haarberg and I’d make him like a Taysom Hill jackknife player going forward. Sims would be well served to go non power 5.  I think Purdy and Haarberg are here next year and Kaelin and another 1-2 QBs from the portal.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I'm wondering what a fully healthy Purdy will look like? If he was playing injured Saturday, imagine what he could become with an offseason of development and a chance to get completely healthy. He looked like the perfect QB for what this offense is supposed to be.

I want to see what he can do after all the bowl prep practices.