What did we learn? Northwestern Version

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, this is quite possible, but we don't know for a fact.

Sorry will disagree with ya here.  Which of those four teams offenses do you think could have an improved performance against this defense??????  Not NIU.  Not La Tech.  Not Illinois.   Again this defense wins those four games no matter the starter at QB

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Our D is playing at a great level

Show White that Satterfield money

D staff has done a phenomenal job in developing players, identifying guys and moving them if needed and getting some quality reps/depth 

The O is basically holding positions until next year.  Next year is another rebuild.  QB not on the roster, OL is a dumpster fire, new receivers all over and a lot of injuries.  

HH loked hesitant from the start.  No swagger that he seemed to possess the first games.  

Fidone needs to catch the balls he gets his hands on.  He's not going to get a lot of "good" passes.

Get Coleman involved more and often.  Sweeps, tosses, screens, deep routes to keep the D honest.  

Satt and Raiola are the weak links on this staff.  No development on the OL for 2 years.  None.  No young guys ready to go.  As for Satt, there are injuries all over, no QB, and bad OL.  IMHO, he has one foot in what we have and what he wants.  Call passing plays HH can do.  You had two weeks to identify some.  The PA TD to Coleman was a thing of beauty.  Rhule mentioned after the game that TO had worked on that with him.  

ST is up and down again.  Hill might break one.  Alvano starting to make them.  With the rest of our schedule, one game will be won or lost on his leg. 

A win is a win.  And we needed that.  First home game win against a B1G foe in 5 games.  That's huge.  We can just as easily win our remaining games as we can lose them.  We need two.  The others are a bonus. We got the win!  GBR 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

I learned, Jake Butt is going to be a good commentator.

I learned I could switch the channel and come back and would not miss anything of substance.

I learned my post last night saying that I "kinda liked the alt uni"...was not accurate.

I continued to see, at the end of the day, we are getting better, even if it's by inches.

My favorite Jake Butt moment was when he dropped  "they are moving the ball when they aren't going backwards"  then his awkward pause of how that didn't come out the way he wanted it to

1 minute ago, UniversalMartin said:

I'm learning...Duke...f'ing DUKE...is SOLID

Elko is doing a great job for sure.  Makes it worse to look at previous 3 seasons before he took over last year.  They were 3-9 the year before he took over and he went 9-4 in year one (5-1 now)  Throw in their academic quals, traditional bottom ACC schools and facilities and it kills me we are still struggling.  And Duke is a stones throw from UNC and NC State so not even close to the only show in town.... 

35 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Sorry will disagree with ya here.  Which of those four teams offenses do you think could have an improved performance against this defense??????  Not NIU.  Not La Tech.  Not Illinois.   Again this defense wins those four games no matter the starter at QB

I haven't seen the defense put up enough points to win a game yet.  I have seen Sims put up less than 20 with 7 turnover though and gave CO 13 points in a half.

I think we are the worst offensive team other than Northwestern in the whole Big 10.  I would put Iowa and us neck and neck for offense..  We have a two faced coach.  I see no differnce in fumbling and interceptions.  If you have a QB who throws that terrible, replace him for at least one series.  Grant is there best RB but they are quick to replace him.

I don't care about injuries.  Every team has them, not every team looks this bad.  I am willing to give Rhule some rope this year and maybe next season, but he better hit the road  this off season and get some transfers and better players overall. 

Of course a win  is a good start, but we tried to give that game away early and often.  HH will not pitch the ball and at some point will get lit and lit hard. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

So you just didn't watch the first two games? He's just like Haarberg but without the ability to at least luck out and lead a scoring drive now and then.

False.  He moved the ball down the field very well in both the first two games.  Just happened to throw it to the other team.  HH was very lucky in his first two starts. He had the same exact mistakes Sims had in this game.  Threw 2 terrible picks (not in the red zone but in out own territory).  Dropped a couple of snaps.  Bad hand offs.  The real difference is Sims is actually a better passer.  He may not be as fast as HH but he's more elusive.  Honestly after this game I would give Sims some snaps. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2