2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't fault Rhule for saying this.  

I fault him a little for thinking this.

I understand the numbers are probably as low this year as any year.  But this is only two guys per year.  I really think Nebraska can/should be in the 4-5 range each year.  Maybe that will be adjusted in time.

10% of 85 is 8.5, so I don’t think he disagrees with you.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There's not time-span on the 85 so I don't think that really tells you anything.  Over four years that's 2 per year, which I'm saying is low.  I would say twice that.  Maybe a bit more.

With the amount of change over for rosters these days, I think they look at it against the whole roster count and available slots against the 85. Bringing in 3-5 transfers per year with an overall count of transfers being at 10 or less seems reasonable considering most transfers are only 1-2 year players.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

There's not time-span on the 85 so I don't think that really tells you anything.  Over four years that's 2 per year, which I'm saying is low.  I would say twice that.  Maybe a bit more.

After watching the interview I will say that in the context of what he was saying it sounds more like what he wants in an ideal scenario and a message to the roster that if you are here they are going to try to develop you. I think it's clear from this year they are not going to sit around and ignore areas we need a big upgrade. 

• Worth a Look 1

20 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

After watching the interview I will say that in the context of what he was saying it sounds more like what he wants in an ideal scenario and a message to the roster that if you are here they are going to try to develop you.

In that interview he's not only expressing what he'd desire to do but also recognizing the challenge of it in today's landscape. You can be an awesome development program only to see your guys poached. That's rampant in college football. I don't think any coach is really happy with how this is going right now and I think most are well aware you're not going to maintain enough NIL resources to both bring in players and fend off poachers.