What did we learn? Purdue edition

Red Five

9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

That is Coach Rhule's new name.  That guy is maximizing with what he has on his roster and on his staff.  It isn't the best, but it is doing fine right now in the B1G West.  Let's ride this season out and see where it takes us.

People can b!^@h all they want about it not being pretty but I’ll take the W every damn day! He’s got these players playing as a team.  Very fun to see!

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Liked some things Satterfield incorporated into the game that were effective. We're finding ways to win games and not losing ones that we've come accustomed to even when we should've been. The fear of losing seems to be diminishing I'd say, the playing not to lose. 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Ok so you would rather have a player that fumbled on 1/3 of his plays which allowed the defense to score 7 pts. So he was on pace if he had taken only 50 snaps like Haarberg did to allow the other team to score over 100 pts. 

me thinks allowing Sims to allow the other teams defense to score over 100 pts per game is to much smack that like button. Thank you for playing passthedamnballguy no prize for you

Dang that really got to you, huh? He was in for 4 snaps.

Just so you know, "too" is an indicator of excessive quantities while "to" is more of a directional preposition or adverb. Take a deep breath before quoting someone multiple times. No need to blow a gasket over which bad QB is worse. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Yet there are people complaining that our defense only looks good 'cause these offenses suck. As if we've consistently won these games lately.

The Husker radio guys were saying Purdue was averaging about 24 points a game coming in.  The defense held them to 6.  Sims gave up as many points as the defense.

Also consider all the bad spots the offense has been putting the defense in, yeah, they're playing out of their minds.  The complainers are probably Chinander fans.

• Plus1 1

1). As everyone stated, defense is really good but Purdues receivers were terrible. 
2) I like the speed at which the defense is playing 
2) NU TE are terrible blockers

3) BOTH QB’s stink

4) There is good in game sideline coaching going on.  
5) it’s fun to see the younger kids have some success.  There is definitely talent on this team 

6) OLine wasn’t much worse with the backups in 

7) BOTH QB’s stink 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

What about Nebraska in the past 7 years makes you think we should be winning these games, and not be excited that our defense is playing well against anyone? We have every reason to be excited that we are playing well, and it doesn't matter who the opponent is.

Be excited for this season.  Completely agree with all of this.  Will have made some improvements in this program overall.  I think Rhule is the right guy for this job.  I was just pointing out that there is a good chance next season we improve as a team but win less games overall.  Can this fan base handle that?

I think we can fairly object to the notion that Haarberg is as bad as Sims.   

They have some similar limitations to be sure, but Sims is much more of a liability.  Haarberg can at least manage the offense well enough the pull off the occasional sustained drive.  Sims can't even be trusted to take a snap or hand the ball off correctly; things that should have been mastered in 7th grade. That's not even getting into the extreme turnover rate.  He puts the team in holes too deep to climb out of.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I'm pretty sure the entire offensive coaching staff could get fired after this year and the offense wouldn't take a step back next year. It might actually improve. Cause right now they are worse than Iowa. And that's f'ing crazy. 

Pay the defense. 

Haven't been watching the chickens. Have they been dealt the adversity we have on offense with all the challenges in relation to injuries? We didn't start out with an abundance of weapons. The verdict is still out on the offensive staff. Suggesting that they're an abysmal failure is premature. Spot on about coach White and his unit though. :cheers 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance changed the title to What did we learn? Purdue edition