What Is Your Favorite Husker Game You've Ever Attended?

Mavric

18 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

2009 win over Oklahoma. Was only 10-3 final, the defense was incredible that night. Really saw what beating OU meant to people that game, had lost 5 in a row. Even the blue hairs were fired up, it was a great atmosphere and Lincoln was BUZZING after the game.

Ditto for me, but for different reasons. My dad had just died of a 2 year battle with cancer, attributed from agent orange during his service in Vietnam, when I was 24.  That game was cathartic and difficult at the same time. He shared his love of the Huskers with me, and he was with the team that night still.  Attended with my Uncle's season tickets, my Dad's brother, after an emotional phone call.

Husker football is a family affair. I appreciate you all, even if I argue with you a lot.

• Plus1 3

the 1980 florida state game...i remember the crowd cheering after the game and even though we lost....everyone was talking about what a great game it was.   then the pride when bowden sent that letter that i was part of the response that inspired the letter from bowden has made that game stand the test of time for me..

• Oh Yeah! 2

97 Akron - First game and Makovicka breaks a tackle from just about every defender on the field and bear crawl/dives into the end zone. Game was also unbearably hot for a small child in the nose bleeds.

07 K State - We cheered for us to go for 80 with the back up on the last drive. 

09 Oklahoma - Probably the most confident in the underdog spot that I knew we would win. Atmosphere was top notch.

09 Texas - It was still a great experience overall after finding out I had tickets Thursday night before the game.

10 Mizzou - Suck it Gabbert. Helu got the rushing record for a single game.

11 tOSU - David just took the ball and game away from Braxton Miller. Bauserman passing chart.

12 Wisconsin (1st game) - Didn’t know this would be our sole win against them with the 4th down stop.

13 Northwestern - Sat south stadium and people left in droves in front of us and we moved down for the final drive. When Westerkemp caught the pass I couldn’t see the back of the end zone and when I looked at the video board, I thought he was down at  the one or two yard line.

17 Northern Illinois - Sat in the sky boxes for the first time. Oof.

• Oh Yeah! 1

10 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

10 @ UW - So many Husker fans invaded Seattle. I think T-Magic went untouched for an 80-yard TD on the first play of the 2nd half(?) and basically ushered out the UW fans. “Go Big Red” chants drowned out the Husky fans. Several UW fans were still talking smack after the game when the team was loading up on the busses :facepalm:

I was at that game too. It was awesome. 

I don’t remember the year, but it was mid to late 90s against CU. Night game and it was just spitting rain. One of the loudest games I’ve been to. 

‘14 Miami.  The feeling in the stadium was just different. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

I'm sorry but we had the best time in the pouring rain at Scott Frost's never-happened 1st game against Akron.  It panned out to be a perfect portent of his coaching tenure here, and we laughed through the pain in much the same way we had to do as he coached us into nothingness (we hope and pray for his complete turnaround and success in the coaching world).   We laughed, we drank, we watched the spectacle of fans having impromptu fun in the downpour..  we were then told to leave because God was speaking about it all with His lightning bolts. 

Greatest (non) Game of All:  Akron at Nebraska September 1st 2018. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t remember the year, but it was mid to late 90s against CU. Night game and it was just spitting rain. One of the loudest games I’ve been to. 

1992 was the Halloween Night Massacre when NU beat CU 52-7. It was a night game, but wasn’t raining.

1994 NU-CU was an 11 AM kickoff at home.

1996 was a dreary 2:30 kickoff on the day after Thanksgiving.  CU replaced OU for that date when the Big 12 was formed. It was cold and wet day. Very close game.  Neither team could get much going offensively.

1998 was very much the same as 1996. Cold and wet. 2:30 kickoff that ended in the darkness of the early evening.  Another close, hard fought defensive battle.

• Oh Yeah! 1

33 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

'95 vs Michigan St.  Dominate performance and now I can say I saw Nick Saban lose in person.  Also my left arm made it onto sports center the next day during the highlights 

My friend and I were talking about Jay Sims to my son during last week’s Purdue game (I can never remember our current players in their numbers, so we said Jay Sims was NU’s 31) and we brought up the NU-Michigan State game in 1995. Sims had a late, 80 yard TD run. After the game Saban was commenting how much talent NU had, and Saban thought NU’s best I-back was our 5th stringer. That always made me laugh. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
51 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

1998 was very much the same as 1996. Cold and wet. 2:30 kickoff that ended in the darkness of the early evening.  Another close, hard fought defensive battle.

That was my first Husker game, it was awesome but just a meh game where the offense couldn’t punch it in - like you’re saying. The pick-6 is really the only exciting play that stood out. I don’t recall it being wet though. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

That was my first Husker game, it was awesome but just a meh game where the offense couldn’t punch it in - like you’re saying. The pick-6 is really the only thing exciting play that stood out. I don’t recall it being wet though. 

I think it was Clint Finley who had the pick 6 early in the game, and then it was a defensive battle the rest of the way.  My friends were joking in the stands when Finley was returning the INT, saying "watch out, he used to play high school quarterback!!!"  You may be correct in the 1998 game not being wet, but it was definitely cold.  The 1996 game was very similar.  Jay Foreman had a pick-6 in the first quarter, but the offense couldn't get much going the rest of the game.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1