What did we learn? Mich St version

Red Five

We are still a challenged team on both sides of the ball.  I think our defense has been exploited some now.  I am interested to see how this staff and team respond going forward.  Has this staff got the mentality of this team changed?

I think we have found out for sure that we have got to get a better QB and more weapons.  But with saying that, if we don't have a better Line, those things won't matter either.

1 minute ago, Cornfed said:

Bro. Give it a little time. The culture / mentality is most definitely changing. Doesn’t mean that old tendencies are just going to disappear. 

I think this staff has done some good stuff, but I also think we can't get a new roster here soon enough.  Frost players are just not winning material.  Too many years of bad football, can not be replaced in one season.

• Plus1 4

I learned that some nebraska fans get surprised easily. 

This is the same team that played minnesota...and the same team that won 5 of 6.

They're winning in spite of themselves...and gave themselves chances to win in games they had no business winning. 

It may feel the same, but it's different than years past.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 6
3 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Bro. Give it a little time. The culture / mentality is most definitely changing. Doesn’t mean that old tendencies are just going to disappear. 

This. I feel a lot more confident about Coach Rhule getting things turned around purely from the mentality part of the team. He had a rough team right now. It is going to take time. We have seen glimpses of the final product but still a bit murkey. 

• Plus1 3

They took advantage of our defense being aggressive in the secondary, great play calling on their part.

Our offense still puts the defense in bad positions due to an inability to move the ball at all.  This loss is on an offense that for some reason is insisting on trying to throw the ball 40 times with a QB and line not built for that type of offense.