Your 2024 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Undone

18 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

What happened to Piper?

Bad injury in October- isn't sure if he wants to come back for final year.  Supposedly still undecided. 

I have never been a fan- he was lazy in high school for a good % of plays each game.  He just never seemed like he had the drive to me.    

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2024 at 4:01 PM, Hilltop said:

Bad injury in October- isn't sure if he wants to come back for final year.  Supposedly still undecided. 

I have never been a fan- he was lazy in high school for a good % of plays each game.  He just never seemed like he had the drive to me.    

Apparently the team disagrees with you since he was voted as a single digit number guy. Rhule also has always spoken very highly of Piper, you don’t invite a players Mom to Jin a pre-game speech if you don’t think a lot about the player himself.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
On 1/31/2024 at 3:01 PM, Hilltop said:

Dumb comment is dumb 

• TBH 1
16 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Apparently the team disagrees with you since he was voted as a single digit number guy. Rhule also has always spoken very highly of Piper, you don’t invite a players Mom to Jin a pre-game speech if you don’t think a lot about the player himself.

I get it guys.   Most fans really appreciate him.   But take a step back and look at our recruiting in the trenches.   It has been bad.   Besides us, Ethan had offers from SD and Ohio, that's it.   We took him because he was a nebraska kid with a good frame.  I watched him play quite a bit in high school against one of my son's so I got to see more than most.   I wasnt a fan and honestly was surprised we offered him.  He turned out ok and I feel terrible for his injury,  but linemen of his caliber aren't going to get nebraska to the level all of us want.    

• TBH 3

15 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I wonder how close Lendhart is to being on this list. 

I’m not sure that Lenhardt is truly considered an edge. It’s hard to define an “EDGE” anymore, so not saying you’re wrong. 

He should have graded out close to the top of whatever they consider his position to be for freshman.

EDIT- looks like he is listed as an EDGE in PFF, shows what I know. 

Edited by AlaSker
  • Plus1 1
4 hours ago, AlaSker said:

I’m not sure that Lenhardt is truly considered an edge. It’s hard to define an “EDGE” anymore, so not saying you’re wrong. 

He should have graded out close to the top of whatever they consider his position to be for freshman.

EDIT- looks like he is listed as an EDGE in PFF, shows what I know. 

PFF is more like Pffft..... :rolleyes:

Pro Football Focus is just a nerd site with nerdy data numbers created by a sports nerd, using questionable formulas that are difficult to judge what is right or what is wrong (a gray area), and only got heavy traction after it was bought by NFL's TV analyst Cris Collinsworth in 2014.  And Collinsworth has gotten super super rich off of it.  Multi-millions.  

Just like the NFL combine cannot determine who is good or great, but there are bench presses, stop watches, throwing the ball in shorts in a dome stadium, and it gives GMs and owners something exciting to see with cocktails.  

Basically, both are ok and kind of helpful.  But lets not pretend it's the most favorable way to rate a player's performance or upside.  

Somehow, no one ever learned from listening to Mel Kiper while he got his pockets rich from agents pumping their players.  Because he never had to come back and say "Well, my bad, I was really way off about that.  Once again I'm wrong..... See you next year"