QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

23 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Just don't see it happening. I want it to happen for the program, but maybe after two decades of disappointment, I just need to continue to not get excited/happy for the Huskers. That way, when it goes south (and it inevitably will), I am not as disappointed.

What a sick world we live in as Husker fans!

I feel ya but at the same time…. What a sad sad sad way to live.   You have to have hope. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3

11 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Sorry, its a different world.  Money does things to people.  Id throw all of you under the bus if it meant getting life changing money and i dont think many other people are different from that.  

Throwing a bunch of strangers under the bus from a forum is not synonymous with throwing your dads alma mater and uncles livelihood under the bus.  But you do you. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5
14 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

If you honestly think I’m an Iowa or Colorado fan you haven’t been paying attention. 

Exactly where did I call you out? 

I know you aren't an Iowa or Colorado fan, you are just a very pessimistic Husker fan that chooses to focus on the worst case scenario so you will be happy with virtually any other outcome.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
13 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Exactly where did I call you out? 

I know you aren't an Iowa or Colorado fan, you are just a very pessimistic Husker fan that chooses to focus on the worst case scenario so you will be happy with virtually any other outcome.  

Oh my mistake, your comment followed one of my comments.

And yeah… that tracks. I’ll own that. Ill try to be less of a downer

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

UGA 247 guy said despite all the chatter he still thinks Raiola signs with Nebraska. He said UGA coaches will continue to try to communicate with him but that it's just a matter of when the :bigredn: announcement is made.

Reposting here since we have 2 Dylan Raiola threads 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 5

2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I feel ya but at the same time…. What a sad sad sad way to live.   You have to have hope. 

I feel the same. I was actually just having a little fun with the board because we are all up in a frenzy. I hope the kid does sign. But the bigger picture I see is the small amount of attrition. That tells me kids have bought in. 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I feel the same. I was actually just having a little fun with the board because we are all up in a frenzy. I hope the kid does sign. But the bigger picture I see is the small amount of attrition. That tells me kids have bought in. 

Yes that is soo important.  Build by retaining.  I think this is emphasized in an even greater way by those who chose to come back but could have gone to the NFL or just finish their college career.   If DR signs and lives up to the hype, I could see him here for 3 years. He starts as a true freshman.  Then he hands the reigns over to DK who would have 2 years of eligibility left if he redshirts this year. DK can get some experience in 4 games next year.   Purdy, if he stays, could be a reliable backup this next season.  This would be tremendous for building our QB room back to where it needs to be.  

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yes that is soo important.  Build by retaining.  I think this is emphasized in an even greater way by those who chose to come back but could have gone to the NFL or just finish their college career.   If DR signs and lives up to the hype, I could see him here for 3 years. He starts as a true freshman.  Then he hands the reigns over to DK who would have 2 years of eligibility left if he redshirts this year. DK can get some experience in 4 games next year.   Purdy, if he stays, could be a reliable backup this next season.  This would be tremendous for building our QB room back to where it needs to be.  

Sad thing is, we are seeing several successful starting QBs give up their job at current, top tier schools to chase $$$$$. Boosters are going to have to be ready to pony up to keep DR, even if we do land him. Ge could start next year and be gone the  year after to Ohio State or Bama and a $5 million price tag. QBs are going to be like successful coaches on steroids because they only have 4 years to maximize their value.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!