Troy Dannen to be New Athletic Director

So, in the one week period of Wednesday to Wednesday we basically swapped the A.D. position 2 spots in the vowel hierarchy by moving from TrEv to TrOy.

A whole lotta needless angst for 168 hours, but with more information revealed on the O,  I've moved on from anger to optimism. GBR

gbr

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

As an Iowan Living in Iowa who roots for Nebraska, i will never believe another Iowan rooting for Iowa Schools is Thrilled to work for nebraska.

Hear me out. Is it possible that most fans of these schools, especially ones not living in Iowa or Nebraska, don't really care that much about any rivalry? I just don't feel it personally.  It will take a long time for Iowa to even feel like CU to me, let alone Oklahoma level.   I dislike Wisconsin the most, but not really even there.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

I just watched the press conf from 7 days ago, by HC Rhule.

He did a great job.  He answered the questions about Trev, his reaction, the University, his thoughts on being in Lincoln, the sports outside of football, his expectations and his excpectations for an AD having urgengy and a go-getter/hard worker (the presser was before announcing Troy Dannen).

He did a great job and as expected, Rhule saved the day.  He is so personable and intelligent and passionate about Nebraska.  It's not fair they wanted answers and put it all on him though.

I am glad the University of Nebraska got a new AD quickly.  Will be good to hear his thoughts soon.  So far it seems like an AD that wants to be here and Troy is an Iowa/Midwestern/Nebraska kind of guy.  So that's good too.

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, admo said:

I just watched the press conf from 7 days ago, by HC Rhule.

He did a great job.  He answered the questions about Trev, his reaction, the University, his thoughts on being in Lincoln, the sports outside of football, his expectations and his excpectations for an AD having urgengy and a go-getter/hard worker (the presser was before announcing Troy Dannen).

He did a great job and as expected, Rhule saved the day.  He is so personable and intelligent and passionate about Nebraska.  It's not fair they wanted answers and put it all on him though.

I am glad the University of Nebraska got a new AD quickly.  Will be good to hear his thoughts soon.  So far it seems like an AD that wants to be here and Troy is an Iowa/Midwestern/Nebraska kind of guy.  So that's good too.

It's about as good s we could've expected given a tight spot.  Rhule doubles down on his Nebraska commitment and affinity.  We hire a new AD whom Rhule respects and is excited about.  We hire a new president.

Talk about emotions for fans.  All things considered, it landed in a place that can keep momentum and excitement.

• Plus1 1

Take any political leanings out of it, why is the governor speaking at the Dannen's introductory press conference?  Does any other university/state do this?  Will Washington's governor speak when they hire Dannen's replacement? 

It's completely asinine.

• TBH 2