Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 6/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, JJ Husker said:

C’mon, somebody watch this and share your thoughts. It’s killing me me not knowing if others find it as messed up as I did :lol:

As soon as that scene started I started laughing and yelling "NOOOOOOO", as it was clear they were riffing off the fan theories surrounding how Ant Man could have easily Killed Thanos :lol: :lol: :lol: 

The Boys is my favorite show out right now, and also maybe the best social commentary in pop culture.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of fun movies recently dropped on Redbox:

Ambulance--Michael Bay heist movie w/ Jake Gyllenhaal.  Super duper fun

The Northman--Haven't seen it yet but appears to be an awesome Viking type movie.  Got really positive reviews from my buddies who saw it.

The Contractor--Seems to be a cut and dried espionage/action type movie.  Really solid cast tho, Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Kiefer Sutherland

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 6/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, Xmas32 said:

Lots of fun movies recently dropped on Redbox:

Ambulance--Michael Bay heist movie w/ Jake Gyllenhaal.  Super duper fun

The Northman--Haven't seen it yet but appears to be an awesome Viking type movie.  Got really positive reviews from my buddies who saw it.

The Contractor--Seems to be a cut and dried espionage/action type movie.  Really solid cast tho, Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Kiefer Sutherland

I was just reading a review on Ambulance.  Should be a fun watch.

• Plus1 2
On 6/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, suh_fan93 said:

It was great.  The bigger the screen you have to watch it on, the better IMO.  He uses a lot of drone shots that really pop on a bigger screen.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 6/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, suh_fan93 said:

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

It was great.  The bigger the screen you have to watch it on, the better IMO.  He uses a lot of drone shots that really pop on a bigger screen.

I’m glad you guys posted about this one. If I had noticed just the title, Ambulance, I doubt I would’ve given it a 2nd thought. Sometimes they do themselves no favors with their movie titles.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 10/20/2021 at 8:45 AM, GSG said:

Been watching season 3 of You on Netflix. All the spousal cheating pisses me off. I want murder! :lol:

Can't remember if I posted this one, but Only Murders in the Building has been pretty good. Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez start a podcast to solve a murder in their NYC apartment building. 

We did Only Murders a couple weeks ago. Liked it a lot. I didn’t expect Selena to fit in with Short & Martin but it worked well.

Also just discovered You this weekend. Almost finished s1. Kind of Dexteresque, kept us watching. I have my doubts about it stretching to more seasons though. Guess we’ll start into s2 and see.

13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

We did Only Murders a couple weeks ago. Liked it a lot. I didn’t expect Selena to fit in with Short & Martin but it worked well.

Also just discovered You this weekend. Almost finished s1. Kind of Dexteresque, kept us watching. I have my doubts about it stretching to more seasons though. Guess we’ll start into s2 and see.

You is great...but it gets a bit lame after the first season.

If anyone is a comic book/graphic novel fan, Amazon just dropped S3 of "The Boys" a couple weeks ago.  It is...a lot.  Super dark, graphic violence and lots of humor.  The really go for it.  Premise of the show is there is a band of superheroes that are out stopping crimes, etc. and they work for a megacorp that puts them on TV shows, movies, sponsorships, etc.  As usual, things don't pass the smell test.  Cast is a little under heralded although there are some recognizable names like Elisabeth Shue, Karl Urban, Laz Alonzo and a few others.  Show is definitely not for the weak of stomach. 

I went back a few pages and searched for people talking about Barry. We just finished the the third season over the weekend. It stars Bill Hader (SNL) in a non-comedic role as an ex-Marine who does murder-for-hire after coming back from Afghanistan. One of his jobs is to kill a young actor in LA, but as he's stalking his target he gets caught up in the guy's acting class and learns he loves to act. Some really interesting and quirky characters. 

My previous knowledge of Bill Hader was from SNL, mostly his Stefon character. This could not be more polar opposite of Stefon. It's just a really good, really unique show.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

If anyone is a comic book/graphic novel fan, Amazon just dropped S3 of "The Boys" a couple weeks ago.  It is...a lot.  Super dark, graphic violence and lots of humor.  The really go for it.  Premise of the show is there is a band of superheroes that are out stopping crimes, etc. and they work for a megacorp that puts them on TV shows, movies, sponsorships, etc.  As usual, things don't pass the smell test.  Cast is a little under heralded although there are some recognizable names like Elisabeth Shue, Karl Urban, Laz Alonzo and a few others.  Show is definitely not for the weak of stomach. 

Best show on TV right now.

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I went back a few pages and searched for people talking about Barry. We just finished the the third season over the weekend. It stars Bill Hader (SNL) in a non-comedic role as an ex-Marine who does murder-for-hire after coming back from Afghanistan. One of his jobs is to kill a young actor in LA, but as he's stalking his target he gets caught up in the guy's acting class and learns he loves to act. Some really interesting and quirky characters. 

My previous knowledge of Bill Hader was from SNL, mostly his Stefon character. This could not be more polar opposite of Stefon. It's just a really good, really unique show.

I keep forgetting I need to watch the new season.  It took them long enough to come out with it.

• Plus1 1