CB Priest Willis [UCLA Commit]

BIG ERN

Well to bad Mora didn't leave for the NFL, that could have helped us on a couple recruits. I guess taking care of business while we had the chance wouldn't have hurt either.

What do you think our coaches have been doing?? This kid was never going to commit much before, and most likely on, NSD.

No idea, but I took "taking care of business when we had the chance" as "we shouldn't have sucked so much against OSU, and definately not against a 7-5 team in the championship game."

Well if you want to continue to lament over last year feel free, but ive moved on and i highly, highly doubt those games had anything to do with whether we get PW.

I was wondering what recruits thought about the the blowout losses. I assume this Qualls quote is referring to something regarding our losses. The worst thing I read into the quote was he thought something needed to be straightened out and wasn't as it should be. The best thing I took away from that was that if the recruit believes the coaches know what they are doing then the blowouts aren't taken as big negative. If they believe the problems are player ability related it could actually be a positive since they would believe that they could contribute sooner. That said, it's probably better for recruiting if there are no blowout losses that coaches need to explain.

"I think I can come in (Neb.) and help them out. I believe they are going to get things straighten everything out. All the coaches know what they are doing. It's just not them there is a lot of inconsistencies even Washington, they (UDub) have great effort and lost games they should have won." Qualls said

I'd put money on if you asked recruits whats most important in choosing school the majority would rste it something similar to this:

1. Distance

2. Early pt

3. Location

4. Tradition

5. Coaching

6. Wins/losses last 3-4 years

7. Academics

I bet it would look more like this for the top recruits:

1. What schools are hot and cool right now?

2. Will they make me work hard to get grades?

3. Early PT.

etc.....

With the recruits that we usually get, your list is pretty accurate though.

I'd put money on if you asked recruits whats most important in choosing school the majority would rste it something similar to this:

1. Distance

2. Early pt

3. Location

4. Tradition

5. Coaching

7. Academics

I think you put coaching too far down the list. So many kids commit to a coach not a school.

1. Distance

2. Early pt

3. Location

4. Tradition

5. Coaching

7. Academics

3. Early PT.

etc.....

I think you're right. How often do you see the top recruits heading to the flavor of the month. Especially as you watch them jump around the SEC. LSU is on top one week pulling in commits, Alabama beats em and it slows down and you see a few decommits. I've never heard a kid say that he wants to go to a school that doesn't win football games...but I've heard plenty mention they want to be playing in BCS games and for the championship every year. Winning is farther up the list than 6. And it feeds a lot of that list. Coaching is perceived to be better when you're winning. If tradition was that high we'd have no issues signing top 10 classes.

1. Distance

2. Early pt

3. Location

4. Tradition

5. Coaching

7. Academics

3. Early PT.

etc.....

I think you're right. How often do you see the top recruits heading to the flavor of the month. Especially as you watch them jump around the SEC. LSU is on top one week pulling in commits, Alabama beats em and it slows down and you see a few decommits. I've never heard a kid say that he wants to go to a school that doesn't win football games...but I've heard plenty mention they want to be playing in BCS games and for the championship every year. Winning is farther up the list than 6. And it feeds a lot of that list. Coaching is perceived to be better when you're winning. If tradition was that high we'd have no issues signing top 10 classes.

Interesting topic. I started a new one under recruiting http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/63741-recruiting-factors/. C N Red I posted your list and attributed it to you. I can remove your name if you prefer.

1. Distance

2. Early pt

3. Location

4. Tradition

5. Coaching

7. Academics

3. Early PT.

etc.....

Its true they like the flavor of the month but that only pertains to a small portion of recruits when you think about larger picture. Guess im trying to include all recruits thoughts not just the very high ranking ones.

If our coaches knew he was going to UCLA or LSU, they wouldn't be making official in home visits this week. Once a kid plays games with us or cools on us we typically move on. We have a legitimate chance here or else we wouldn't be pursuing him as hard as we have been. Plus, his father is going to play a bigger role in all this than ppl think and his father loves Nebraska and is championing us.

If our coaches knew he was going to UCLA or LSU, they wouldn't be making official in home visits this week. Once a kid plays games with us or cools on us we typically move on. We have a legitimate chance here or else we wouldn't be pursuing him as hard as we have been. Plus, his father is going to play a bigger role in all this than ppl think and his father loves Nebraska and is championing us.

In an interview he had at the UA game his dad didn't mention us once. He mentioned UCLA LSU and ASU.

Kyle Odegard @Kyle_Odegard

Don't discount this. RT @varsityxtra Priest Willis will make his final recruiting visit this weekend to UCLA, according to MDN coach Lopez.

Say good day, to Reggie Ray.

I wouldn't worry about it. Willis is probably just doing a little "recon" to help his Huskers in Lincoln against UCLA next year.

#fingerscrossed #wishful thinking

Kyle Odegard @Kyle_Odegard

Don't discount this. RT @varsityxtra Priest Willis will make his final recruiting visit this weekend to UCLA, according to MDN coach Lopez.

Say good day, to Reggie Ray.

I wouldn't worry about it. Willis is probably just doing a little "recon" to help his Huskers in Lincoln against UCLA next year.

#fingerscrossed #wishful thinking #drunk

Fixed the end for ya :-)