Bo closes practice to former players indefinitely

tschu

That's it. They did not want Scott Frost getting early glimpses of the defense he would have to face in the MNC game.

In honesty, I could care less, open or not. Some on here seem to get the information we need. Bo has every right to run the program as he sees fit. He has a big year this year. If he feels more comfortable with the doors closed so be it. I just hope it turns into the season we all seem to be expecting.

Mr. Accountability, I think (hope) PR was the last thing on his mind for those two occurrences.

You know Dude, I would hope that PR was the last thing on his mind for the Jack play, but I'll bet that it was on his mind a little. When discussed why he did it, he was even talking about doing some stuff to shake up the spring game. Bring in a make-a-wish or something, and then Jack came to mind. I bet pub was somewhat on his mind.

As far as the Harlem Shake goes, i would bet that PR was the #1 reason, from a coaches and players standpoint. Why else would you do something like that and send it rampant through the interwebs.

Just my thoughts.

As far as this closed practice thing goes. last night Ross Els eluded to the fact that school will be starting shortly, and these players will have their already full plates taking on another helping. Especially for so many young guys who are gonna be asked to take on such a high load anyway as opposed to previous years, starting school may really make them feel overwhelmed. All rumors aside as to why, this decision by Bo may have been nothing more than a simple calming action for the players.

Could be spying.

Allegations by Darrell Royal (Texass) that OU had been spying on his practices. A claim that was later confirmed in Bootlegger's Boy book (Barry Switzer author)

If you want to spy just go up to the parking garage that over looks the fields. Of course you won't see much of anything if they go indoors but you can get a good look at Taylor's throwing motion.

Mr. Accountability, I think (hope) PR was the last thing on his mind for those two occurrences.

You know Dude, I would hope that PR was the last thing on his mind for the Jack play, but I'll bet that it was on his mind a little. When discussed why he did it, he was even talking about doing some stuff to shake up the spring game. Bring in a make-a-wish or something, and then Jack came to mind. I bet pub was somewhat on his mind.

As far as the Harlem Shake goes, i would bet that PR was the #1 reason, from a coaches and players standpoint. Why else would you do something like that and send it rampant through the interwebs.

Just my thoughts.

As far as this closed practice thing goes. last night Ross Els eluded to the fact that school will be starting shortly, and these players will have their already full plates taking on another helping. Especially for so many young guys who are gonna be asked to take on such a high load anyway as opposed to previous years, starting school may really make them feel overwhelmed. All rumors aside as to why, this decision by Bo may have been nothing more than a simple calming action for the players.

Starting school later than usual is a big impact for these kids. The team will be starting school and have a game next week, which isn't all that common. The past few years, the first game of the season has been in the 2nd week of classes. I think Bo is just trying to reduce the distractions, and letting his team know "it's going to be hectic the next 10 days, it's time to get to work".

Another distraction is the fact that the rest of the campus has started to move-in the past few days (rest of the week). The campus will start to get the buzz of the fall semester starting.

I guess I don't understand the banning of former players part in all of this. Guys who played a big role in making this program what it was can't stop by and simply watch a practice anymore. Umm o.k. Bo.

For me the last thing I would want to do is leave a bad taste in the mouth of guys who helped make this program what it was.

• Fire 1

I guess I don't understand the banning of former players part in all of this. Guys who played a big role in making this program what it was can't stop by and simply watch a practice anymore. Umm o.k. Bo.

For me the last thing I would want to do is leave a bad taste in the mouth of guys who helped make this program what it was.

The e-mail was read this morning Sharpe and Benning. It didn't seem like that big of a deal. Benning is a former player and member of the media, and he didn't think it was that big of a deal. The e-mail didn't say "forever" it just said they were closing practices "indefinitely". That could be 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, who knows.

The e-mail was read this morning Sharpe and Benning. It didn't seem like that big of a deal. Benning is a former player and member of the media, and he didn't think it was that big of a deal. The e-mail didn't say "forever" it just said they were closing practices "indefinitely". That could be 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, who knows.

Thanks for clarifying. At the same time it still seems ridiculous. Let's see how long 'indefinitely' is.