Well wishes for Martinez

Junior

Taylor looked fine at the volleyball game last night, he was flirting with his girlfriend/lady next to him the whole time ignoring the game. Let him keep doing that and Tommy can run the offense.

He had a boot on at the game.

And with the bold, give me a break. Who the hell cares?

No kidding, is he supposed to be locked up at the stadium watching game film?

Taylor looked fine at the volleyball game last night, he was flirting with his girlfriend/lady next to him the whole time ignoring the game. Let him keep doing that and Tommy can run the offense.

Thanks for proving why I felt this thread was necessary. Greatest fans in college football.

I don't think turf toe prevents you from having a social life.... But you're probably right, he should be locked in a closet with his foot resting on a pillow....

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

That makes absolutely no sense. TM and TA run extremely similar offenses, the only differences really being TA runs the option better, TM obviously has more knowledge of the offense and we've been limited a bit because of TM's injury. RKIII is the only one that really changes what the offense does because of his pocket passer abilities. A healthy TA and TM run almost identical offenses.

Dislike TM all you want but be realistic about your observations. That comment is flat out wrong.

You know what i saw yesterday. I wasn't fearful that our qb would throw an interception and the tide would turn. Once we had them down they stayed down, there was no comeback or close win. No they don't run the same offense. With Tmart we try to pass more. We need to run more option. We have a good 3 back rotation we need to utilize them more. Tmart keeps making the same mistake year after year and he's a senior. he should learn from his mistakes and he doesn't. It's not that i dislike Tmart but when we have a better option and our offense runs better that's the qb that needs to play. No my comment is not flat wrong. I am being realistic. so what Tmart played the first 3 games and then late in the season you going to put him back in? that would take time for him to readjust. Meanwhile TA would have gotten in a groove and he's only going to get better. You go with the best option to win and right now that isn't Tmart.

Thanks for proving why I felt this thread was necessary. Greatest fans in college football.

We are the greatest fans in college football, towards the opposing teams and their fans. We treat our own team like other teams' fans treat opposing teams.

• Fire 2

i wish tmart well but the worst thing that can happen to our offensive is him coming back. we would have to change the offense again in the middle of the season. it's hard enough to change it once.

That makes absolutely no sense. TM and TA run extremely similar offenses, the only differences really being TA runs the option better, TM obviously has more knowledge of the offense and we've been limited a bit because of TM's injury. RKIII is the only one that really changes what the offense does because of his pocket passer abilities. A healthy TA and TM run almost identical offenses.

Dislike TM all you want but be realistic about your observations. That comment is flat out wrong.

You know what i saw yesterday. I wasn't fearful that our qb would throw an interception and the tide would turn. Once we had them down they stayed down, there was no comeback or close win. No they don't run the same offense. With Tmart we try to pass more. We need to run more option. We have a good 3 back rotation we need to utilize them more. Tmart keeps making the same mistake year after year and he's a senior. he should learn from his mistakes and he doesn't. It's not that i dislike Tmart but when we have a better option and our offense runs better that's the qb that needs to play. No my comment is not flat wrong. I am being realistic. so what Tmart played the first 3 games and then late in the season you going to put him back in? that would take time for him to readjust. Meanwhile TA would have gotten in a groove and he's only going to get better. You go with the best option to win and right now that isn't Tmart.

Almost every discussion about the QB involves your dislike of TM. Jokes.

You have two games against bottom feeder defenses to support a baseless claim that TA is the best option for Nebraska to win at QB. He hasn't even played a full game yet nor played a defense worth anything, yet somehow that's enough evidence to suggest he's better than TM? That completely disregards the 30+ starts Martinez has, the dozens of great plays he has made and his overall knowledge of the offense.

Look, TA is a great player given what we've seen so far, but these claims supporting TA are based mostly on hopes and dreams and barely substantiated by anything of statistical significance. A healthy TM is significantly more likely to be successful, and there's mountains of evidence to support this over TA.

Furthermore, the reason TM has passed more this year is because of injury. A healthy TM and TA run almost identical offenses with a balance of run and pass. First game of the year we ran 74% of the time, yesterday, we ran 71% of the time. Statistically speaking, we passed more with TA/RKII.

But this all moot considering TA, again, has yet to play a full game and has played two awful defenses. I love his abilities and can't wait to see him play as our starter, but well-reasoned, substantiated evidence is in TM's favor.

• Fire 1

You have two games against bottom feeder defenses to support a baseless claim that TA is the best option for Nebraska to win at QB. He hasn't even played a full game yet nor played a defense worth anything, yet somehow that's enough evidence to suggest he's better than TM? That completely disregards the 30+ starts Martinez has, the dozens of great plays he has made and his overall knowledge of the defense.

Look, TA is a great player given what we've seen so far, but these claims supporting TA are based mostly on hopes and dreams and barely substantiated by anything of statistical significance. A healthy TM is significantly more likely to be successful, and there's mountains of evidence to support this over TA.

Furthermore, the reason TM has passed more this year is because of injury. A healthy TM and TA run almost identical offenses with a balance of run and pass. First game of the year we ran 74% of the time, yesterday, we ran 71% of the time. Statistically speaking, we passed more with TA/RKII.

But this all moot considering TA, again, has yet to play a full game and has played two awful defenses. I love his abilities and can't wait to see him play as our starter, but well-reasoned, substantiated evidence is in TM's favor.

sorry but Tmart hasn't been 100% since he was a freshman so quit acting like it will happen this season. Blame Bo for not playing tommy more to give him reps against better quality teams. I know one thing if Tmart played we would have not beaten Illinois by 20. Tmart is easy to plan for because sooner or later he will mess up. What one long run td makes up for a close game against a bad team? no it does not. Tmart can't run the option and has horrible decision making skills. Tommy easily has those two. So now you want to call Ilinois defense awful after the fact? that's bs. Or it could it be you have to plan more against tommy than Tmart which sounds more logical.

You have two games against bottom feeder defenses to support a baseless claim that TA is the best option for Nebraska to win at QB. He hasn't even played a full game yet nor played a defense worth anything, yet somehow that's enough evidence to suggest he's better than TM? That completely disregards the 30+ starts Martinez has, the dozens of great plays he has made and his overall knowledge of the defense.

sorry but Tmart hasn't been 100% since he was a freshman so quit acting like it will happen this season. Blame Bo for not playing tommy more to give him reps against better quality teams. I know one thing if Tmart played we would have not beaten Illinois by 20. Tmart is easy to plan for because sooner or later he will mess up. What one long run td makes up for a close game against a bad team? no it does not. Tmart can't run the option and has horrible decision making skills. Tommy easily has those two. So now you want to call Ilinois defense awful after the fact? that's bs. Or it could it be you have to plan more against tommy than Tmart which sounds more logical.

I think the point goes to Enhance on this one. Literally nothing you said refutes his points and you can't ignore the fact that our football team would have benefited more from practicing than they would have playing these past two games.

TA has been protected by the semi-conservative play calling these past two weeks. We can't open up the playbook as much with him as we can TMart.

I think the point goes to Enhance on this one. Literally nothing you said refutes his points and you can't ignore the fact that our football team would have benefited more from practicing than they would have playing these past two games.

TA has been protected by the semi-conservative play calling these past two weeks. We can't open up the playbook as much with him as we can TMart.

Even if they are protecting TA with semi-conservative play calling it doesn't matter. TA does bring different skill set than Tmart. You can't expect the exact same play calling. Going conservative doesn't mean that's a bad thing. Calling plays you don't practice a lot is just stupid. Sometimes it's better to stick with you know and works the best with your players. Tmart was at his best as a freshman because he was running more and passing less and lo and behold we had a chance to win every game that year. After that you can't say the same. Also that coinciding with the big blowouts we got in the Big Ten because we forced Tmart to become a passer too soon. Opening up the playbook only works if it actually helps and in our case it doesn't. Having a lot of 3 and outs wears out the defense and that's where the break downs start. You can't expect a defense to only get like 5 minute breaks and expect them to stop the opposing team.