Josh Banderas Arrested

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

So a college kid makes a mistake, broke the law yes, but bike theft? Come on.... How about that 46 year old man that has made multiple mistakes, many of them repeated mistakes. Mistakes where much like a Banderas, better judgment should have prevailed. Difference is, one is 46 years old, the other 19 years old. Yet if I was like LOMS, I could go back in time in every thread here and many of you Bo supporters have never used the words against Bo that you've said against Banderas. And you sure as hell have never asked for Bo to be removed from the team. Many of you here just seem to really jump on these kids cases.

Tyler Moore. I remember the thread where he announced he was leaving, that he didn't want to be here. Boy oh boy, Huskerboard lost their sh#t. Good riddance! If he doesn't want to be here then eff him. Comments like, if he's not all "N" then we don't want him. Well I heard an audio tape from a guy who told the fans to f#*k themselves. This guy was telling whomever that these fans can kiss his ass on the way out the door because the times a comin'! Sounds like the words of a guy that is on his way out the door. Doesn't want to be here huh. Not all the way "N" so to speak. That was Bo. Where were these words you have for Tyler and Josh? Why aren't the same people who defend Bo and repeatedly give Bo a pass saying the same kinds of things they said in these threads? why do the players deserve less?

Lastly, I love your comment about being held to a higher standard. How their actions represent a whole lot more than just themselves. Once they signed on the dotted line right? Hmmm.....sounds like if anything, those rules should apply to a 46 year old man who is the face of this program. Not a 19 year old linebacker who played sparingly in one season of Nebraska football.

This isn't a fire Bo comment either. This is more about if you want to continually blame these kids for the teams struggles, if you want to jump on a kid for wanting to transfer somewhere he feels he has a better opportunity, and if you want to kick a kid off the team immediately because he stole some bikes? Then your hypocritical ass should apply all rules to your boy Bo as well.

651c99adefc6a2858414d28190b1ca01c62f6315

They're held to a higher standard than those other kids you talk about doing dumb stuff. They have far more to lose, and they represent something far larger than themselves. The consequences are huge, and he'll find that out. Whether you think that is fair or not is your own opinion, but it's the reality they accepted at the same time they signed their LOI.

Hurt yourself, but you'd damn well better not hurt the team.

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

What the hell kind of hypocrites are you "Bo-lievers" here on this site? I've seen some of the same people who defend Bo to no end, now call Banderas every name in the book. That, or they've called for him to be released from this team. Hmm.....

Did you just call me a Bo-liever? Do you read this board or just troll it? I'm going with the latter considering there is no other way you could possibly put me in the bo-liever camp.

• Fire 2

They're held to a higher standard than those other kids you talk about doing dumb stuff. They have far more to lose, and they represent something far larger than themselves. The consequences are huge, and he'll find that out. Whether you think that is fair or not is your own opinion, but it's the reality they accepted at the same time they signed their LOI.

So funny you took it there because what I want to say next has been burning me all day since I posted my last comment.

Did you just call me a Bo-liever? Do you read this board or just troll it? I'm going with the latter considering there is no other way you could put me in the bo-liever camp.

Did you just call me a Bo-liever? Do you read this board or just troll it? I'm going with the latter considering there is no other way you could put me in the bo-liever camp.

I guess it depends upon your perspective. :lol:

Honestly cant say this surprises me the least bit. Banderas had way too much potential for it to not be f'd up one way or another. Rex's and Taylor's senior injuries. Avery Moss. And now this. On top of everything else. This is just the rut our program is in right now. fml.

The rut our program is in has a name - The Curse of Black Friday - goes all the way back to 11/23/01. The question is - when does it end?

I know some very bad things done by pillars of the Lincoln community when they were teenagers.

Elected officials. Decorated Marines. Respected businessmen. Admired teachers. Me.

Back in the day, because we were suburban white kids, we considered them "hijinks."

They were, in fact, felonies.

I'm all for consequences.

But I'm also a "there but for the grace of God" kinda guy.

So I can go either way on this.

• Fire 3

darkhorse, you are correct, that can happen. But the fact that you knew if it was where I was going. Those things have a larger affect past the NCO level. Most likely kept his nose clean, did a good job.

I have said he deserves what ever Bo decides, I do not know the whole story, nor is it my responsibility to decide. I think he returns, as long as he has a clean slate prior. My guess is if he is let go, there will be a prior reason.

The question we should ask ourselves on this, is how would we as Nebraska fans react to it happening at Colorado, or Michigan, Wisconsin. Would all be feeling the same as they do now.

• Fire 1