*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Ohio State has 14 players ranked higher than our highest ranked player (they are also still in it with 7 top 100 players)....It's great and all getting highly rated players to visit, but until they commit and sign on the dotted line it doesn't matter. I know there is a ways to go with some whales on the hook, but if we don't reel them in this class is nothing to write home about.

We don't have to recruit as good as Ohio St to win a conference championship, but we better get a hell of a lot closer than this.

• Fire 1

Ohio State has 14 players ranked higher than our highest ranked player (they are also still in it with 7 top 100 players)....It's great and all getting highly rated players to visit, but until they commit and sign on the dotted line it doesn't matter. I know there is a ways to go with some whales on the hook, but if we don't reel them in this class is nothing to write home about.

We don't have to recruit as good as Ohio St to win a conference championship, but we better get a hell of a lot closer than this.

Ohio State is looking to have a great class but they have had some really good classes the last few years. Urban still only has 1 B1G conference championship and Wisconsin and Michigan State have more conference championships than Ohio State over that time period. Keep your head up and get the guys that fit Nebraska's system and culture.

• Fire 7

Ohio State is looking to have a great class but they have had some really good classes the last few years. Urban still only has 1 B1G conference championship and Wisconsin and Michigan State have more conference championships than Ohio State over that time period. Keep your head up and get the guys that fit Nebraska's system and culture.

Urban Meyer is 39-2 in conference play in the B10. He would have won another conference title but Ohio St was suspended (they went undefeated). I think the 62-3 beat down further proved how far away on talent we are from them. They have also made the CFB Playoff 2/3 years it has been around

I would agree on "fitting Nebraska's culture" but what is that anymore? We are trying to recruit like Ohio St by getting all these kids from the West coast. We aren't in the 90's running the option.

Went back and looked at the last handful of years. Seems that we average around 5 decommits a year. Was Porcher our 1st this year? Or was there another one?

Well, if you consider Leitao and Thomas commits still (you should)...

Yes, he was our first decommit. We were actually, I believe, one of 7 teams to not have a kid decommit this year before he had.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***