Bo has a new job

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

So are you saying it was NOT a slight swipe at the Nebraska administration?

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

I'm saying that Bo could have taken the high road but chose not too. There was no reason for him to take a swipe at NU during his first speech at YSU.

The school just canned him for winning over 70% of his games and replaced him with a guy that essentially has a .500 career record. He has plenty of reasons to take a swipe at NU. whether or not its smart of him to do for future employment reasons is a different question, but it is not like Bo was out of line.

Yes he was. If people can't wrap their heads around why he was a failure at. Nebraska at this point they never will I guess.

I agree with Polo. It's not solely about the winning percentage.

haha. you guys have thin skin. This was a soft, borderline jab. I actually read it more of just appeasing to his new boss. He was out of line for barely jobbing a school and president that just fired him? People are soft around here.

If by "fired" you mean "continues to pay him three million dollars a year for not working," then yes, he was fired. I feel really bad for him.

Was he not fired?

Did I say the man who continues to draw a larger salary than any other employee of the State of Nebraska wasn't fired?

It's possible to be complimentary of Jim Tressel and his new employer without talking bad about Eichorst, Perlman, and Nebraska. Bo chose to not go down that path.

So are you saying it was NOT a slight swipe at the Nebraska administration?

Cuz that's what I thought too, until I heard his whole comment. Now it's obvious it was. He's been a head coach at one place. And the part about "having a president who knows football and WILL SUPPORT ME is something i havent had before....". C'mon. Without the support part, and just the know football part, yeah, you could come to the conclusion I originally came to.

I'm saying that Bo could have taken the high road but chose not too. There was no reason for him to take a swipe at NU during his first speech at YSU.

The school just canned him for winning over 70% of his games and replaced him with a guy that essentially has a .500 career record. He has plenty of reasons to take a swipe at NU. whether or not its smart of him to do for future employment reasons is a different question, but it is not like Bo was out of line.

Yes he was. If people can't wrap their heads around why he was a failure at. Nebraska at this point they never will I guess.

I agree with Polo. It's not solely about the winning percentage.

haha. you guys have thin skin. This was a soft, borderline jab. I actually read it more of just appeasing to his new boss. He was out of line for barely jobbing a school and president that just fired him? People are soft around here.

If by "fired" you mean "continues to pay him three million dollars a year for not working," then yes, he was fired. I feel really bad for him.

Was he not fired?

Did I say the man who continues to draw a larger salary than any other employee of the State of Nebraska wasn't fired?

I think pointing out Bo's, Riley's, or any other coach's salary is one of the lamest things that is done by fans.

it started on the rivals board that supposedly a player recorded the whole deal and that someone was getting ahold of it to make it public.

My comments on it are strictly a speculation as to IF it's made public. I have no idea if it will. it probably wont. But if it does, it'll be interesting. And it WILL be news. it WILL be telling.

I'd imagine there was almost zero chance, with 100 kids and their cell phones...that the meeting was not recorded. Someone has something.

UNL gave Bo Pelini a very profitable contract extension during a time when fan frustration was high and Bo wasn't helping his case.

I would call that "support."

That's what I thought. If Eichorst really wanted to make Bo do more with less, he coulda NOT extended that contract last December and let that baby go under 4 years out. Now we're talkin less. Coaching contracts allowed to go under 4 years are a death bed in recruiting perception.

Bo doesn't care if he burns bridges like most employees would do. He made a jab at UNL admins and will stand by that jab, as stated previously he's a petty man. Most of us who are professionals tend to be a bit more "professional" when interviewing for other positions when asked about former employment as they can be contacted for references. Even though employers cannot bad mouth a former employee, they can say they don't want to comment on said employee and that alone tells a story about the employee all on it's own. I've not hired people due to the "no comment" from previous employers as i'm sure others have as well. It just isn't worth it when your previous employers wont even give you a decent reference.

He will end up fired from Youngstown in the future for the same antics he showed here, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Bo doesn't care if he burns bridges like most employees would do. He made a jab at UNL admins and will stand by that jab, as stated previously he's a petty man. Most of us who are professionals tend to be a bit more "professional" when interviewing for other positions when asked about former employment as they can be contacted for references. Even though employers cannot bad mouth a former employee, they can say they don't want to comment on said employee and that alone tells a story about the employee all on it's own. I've not hired people due to the "no comment" from previous employers as i'm sure others have as well. It just isn't worth it when your previous employers wont even give you a decent reference.

He will end up fired from Youngstown in the future for the same antics he showed here, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

"No comment about him being a pain in the ass"

Just three weeks ago all I could read was:

Bo Pelini is just one of five coaches in history to win 9 or more games...yada......yada.....yada......

Now, he's the HC at Youngstown St.

There's a serious disconnect between all the preaching about what a legend Bo was and the reality of the situation.

Reality is if this coach was truly a top coach and praised by all for his achievements, then there's no chance he steps down to Youngstown St. Another Division 1 school would have swept him up in a heartbeat as either HC or DC (being a defensive guru and all).

I know, live and let live, but this seems unprecedented to me and really makes it look like some folks were talking out of their ass.

I can leave it at that.

i completely agree, true. but i think the counterargument would be that maybe he just wanted less pressure, yada, yada, yada.

but if that is true, it is more proof that he did not belong as the head coach of donu. and if he does not take paps as his dc, that is a little insulting. imo.

Seems like only yesterday the narrative was if NU canned Bo after a 9-win season he'd have his pick of D1 jobs, and NU would have to settle for their 8th choice.

This. NAILED IT!

The main thing I take away from everything is we just let go of a potential 10-win coach and the dude can't SNIFF a D1 offer as HC.

That REEKS of overrated. What was that about national perception, Bo?

The perception of this ass clown is going to be even worse after the audiotape of him burning every bridge in Nebraska in his last meeting with the players before this lunatic left. He can go F*** himself as far as I am concerned.

Link, or it didn't happen

:)

Bo is showing his true colors yet again. It's a shame that we held onto him as long as we did. Is anyone now questioning where the anti-fan mentality came from with the players? Are there any Bo-lievers out there still missing this guy?

Oh they're there. Here in this thread even.

+1

Forgive me for quoting myself, but I need to make a modification.

:rant

I am fine with the decision to "go in another direction." I think it was time. Hopefully, Bo will get the chance to reflect a little and do some things differently. But I don't understand why so many feel the need to kick him on the way out the door. We could have done a lot worse, in my opinion. Bo did a great job of righting the ship and stabilizing the program after BC was axed. While he clearly has areas that need shoring up, that is not in any way unique. But lets face it, there is a reason most coaches don't win 71% of their games. It ain't easy to do that. There is no guarantee that we will be better in the near future. I think we will. I am encouraged. But think on this sports fans. From 1890 to 1940 Nebraska had 3 losing seasons and 3 non-winning seasons. Then from 1941 to 1961 Nebraska had 3 winning seasons. Bo took over a program that had had only 3 winning seasons in 6 years. Thats 7, 10, 5, 8, 9, and 5 wins. One 3 loss season, one 4 loss season. Bo had 9, 10, 10 ,9, 10, 9, 9. In the seven years before Bo, 1 outright division title and 1 tie. Bo doubled that. Yes there were bad losses. Yes there was a lack of progress, but look at Iowa. Look at Oklahoma after Switzer and before Stoops. When they hired Schnellenberger everyone that that would be great, not 5-5-1. And Oklahoma'a trials came before all of the rule changes that spread out the talent far and wide. Remember that even the great Bobfather had two 6 win seasons and finished in the bottom half of the league once and tied for 4th once. So wish Bo well. Thank him for stabilizing the program after the Callahan disaster and move on. And if you can't give him some credit than STFU and move on. Stop dedhoarse J

:rant

And although I don't have the experience on this board to ask the Mods to lock, can we be done with Pelini threads. It is the Mike Riley era at Nebraska. GBR

Having just read the transcript of his players meeting, I just have to say, "Please do not let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out, little man." SE please have the best university lawyers go over his contract and see if he violated anything in the termination section. I would like to see his golden parachute cut loose.

After the comment from the University, my bet is that they are looking for any reason. I figured it would come to this, Knapplc said he did not think it would, but we are not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer here. He will continue to step on his penis. I cleaned that up for the ones that think young men should not hear profanity.

• Fire 1

After the comment from the University, my bet is that they are looking for any reason. I figured it would come to this, Knapplc said he did not think it would, but we are not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer here. He will continue to step on his penis. I cleaned that up for the ones that think young men should not hear profanity.

I wish we would deliver one of those "Publisher's Clearing House" mega-sized checks to his front door with a live camera crew. Eichorst with a smile on his face and when Bo answers the door shake his hand and say, "We are so happy to be done with you that we paid in full." That would send a message, haha.