OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Here's what I posted on reddit:

"This is good entertainment for non-Nebraska fans, but for me it genuinely hurts.

We might have unrealistic expectations, but we are also, as a whole, a patient, gracious and even forgiving people. This entire state was behind him for so long despite the hindsight reality that he never really wanted to be here, and never appreciated us.
We admired his loyalty to those close to him and we offered him the same loyalty, and even after he spit in our face we still defended him. I know this particular rant isn't specifically towards the fanbase, but it speaks to the poisonous perspective he has had his entire time where he has never been able to genuinely point the thumb on anything.
I want the best for you Bo but you're making it difficult."

Good stuff, Landlord. I was behind Bo up until that Wisconsin loss. I didn't want the team to lose games to make it easier to fire him, but after the Wisky loss I realized that Bo wasn't the guy who would bring championships to NU. Bo's opinions that everyone was against him is hard to read, because there were plenty of supporters. I think Bo was just focused on the negative surroundings and how to use that to "push his team". But, that type of strategy to lead a team won't work long-term, and that's why as soon as there was one negative play in a game, the whole team crumbled.

• Fire 1

This, for me, is the worst of the rants. Because it is so pathetic and childish in nature, and the heat of the moment had passed.

That was the time to be a man. A time to say "Now, I don't agree with the AD's decision, but, I respect it, and I respect him, and I respect this program, so I'll abide by it."

Yes. Well said.

“I didn't really have any relationship with the A.D.,” Pelini said. “The guy, you guys saw him (Sunday), the guy is a total p----. I mean, he is, and he's a total c---.”

Who says that? The guy was a 15-year old boy in a grown man's body. This is high school coaching stuff...talking to his players about others in this manner.

You better not suck in big games if you're going to be a hot-head jerk.

• Fire 3

I feel for Bo personally. I don't know what the true situation was, but the fact that he felt this much dislike for his boss is too bad. Nothing worse than working for someone who doesn't share the same beliefs and vision as you. Pretty crazy stuff!

He only worked for him for a year and a half. He was an ahole before the current AD came along. See previous audio tape.

• Fire 3

I feel for Bo personally. I don't know what the true situation was, but the fact that he felt this much dislike for his boss is too bad. Nothing worse than working for someone who doesn't share the same beliefs and vision as you. Pretty crazy stuff!

He only worked for him for a year and a half. He was an ahole before the current AD came along. See previous audio tape.

Which kinda makes you wonder if Bo would ever believe the problem just might be him. My mistake we all know the responsibility rested elsewhere, every single time.

I have been ambivalent about the firing up until now. I even understand entirely that he'd feel that way. Anyone would feel the same. But a real man, yes a real man would not do what he did by showering his piss on the players. That's the kind of crap a little kid does when he doesn't get picked to the right team on the grade school playground.

I've hated jobs in the past and thought that the work was killing me. Guess what I did? I LEFT!

Adios Bo.

To those at Youngstown State. Good luck with that childlike, sniveling attitude.

• Fire 1

Bo's blame list:

-Eichorst

-Perlman

-administrators

-media

-"a lot of former players"

-this talk show

-that talk show

Cliff notes:

-Eichorst didn't support him

-Agendas, agendas, agendas, politics!