Paris attacks

I will also say this, though.

If you hate Islam and think Muslims should be violently destroyed, you are ideologically a terrorist, same as them.

I hate evil and think evil should be violently destroyed.

Does that make me an anti terrorist terrorist?

Something needs to be done.

We cannot afford to sit back and do nothing.

Paris is only the beginning.

The truly frightening part of this, is that ISIS could do that here.

Easily.

PC police will have a hand in keeping the door open for these freaks.

Mark my words.

• Fire 1

I hate evil and think evil should be violently destroyed.

Does that make me an anti terrorist terrorist?

We're all made up of the same raw materials and have the same capabilities, and we all fall somewhere in shades of grey on the spectrum of black and white.

Well said. There is no "us" vs "them". We're all humanity. These extremist criminals are nuts. They're not a majority, but there's plenty of them -- their numbers burgeoning by the out of control instability in the Middle East that, while it's not exactly our fault, we don't have totally clean hands in, either.

These nuts are doing this stuff over there on the daily. The awful carnage and destruction over there is something the rest of the world up to now has largely been insulated against, but it's happening. Everyone -- EVERYONE! -- is sick of it.

Fight the dark with the light. Stand together.

Except Muslim and Extremist are two entirely different things...

The problem is these extremist Muslims are practicing the religion in a very straight-forward way.

bin Laden, for instance, wasn't distorting the religion, he was practicing the fundamental ideas. Jihad and Martyrdom are mainstream, central ideas of Islam.

We need to start speaking honestly about this. More importantly, moderate Muslims need to start speaking honestly about this.

There needs to be reform within the religion itself.

Jihad can mean a lot of different things actually but the popular belief that the media will throw out there is always associated with 'war' and you are living under a rock if you seriously believe martydom is a central idea of Islam.

Bin Laden twisted the meanings of Islam and the Quran and interpreted them literally. The bottom line is that Islam does not condone and/or preach violence. The people who are 'claiming' to be Muslim but are exhibiting extremism aren't truly Muslim they are Extremists which again are two entirely different things.

An honest reflection of the Quran, the life of the Prophet Muhammed and the conduct of the majority of Muslims in the world shows that Islam does NOT condone violence and certainly not murder.

What cases/events like this reveal to me that there are far too many people relying on CNN, Faux News and their own racist opinions and biases out there and these people have no actual idea about the religion of Islam. Paris is another case of a a small number of Extremists who are are misinterpreting the religion of Islam to suit their own sadistic and twisted views.

Their actions are by far not what the majority of Muslims would condone hence the title Extremists.

Since this is a sports related message board when was the last time you heard Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon or as knapple referenced when was the last time you heard former Husker great Ameer Abdullah or Abdul Muhammad talk about violence and/or extremist views/murder when it comes to people who don't necessarily believe or agree with their religion? Every single one of the athletes I just mentioned are Muslim.

You haven't and you never, ever will.

They aren't taking the religion out of context for some sick ulterior motive unlike the Extremists.

• Fire 5

Bin Laden twisted the meanings of Islam and the Quran and interpreted them literally.

Agree he interpreted the teachings of the Islam literally. Disagree he twisted them. Those two thoughts kind of contradict each other.

The bottom line is that Islam does not condone and/or preach violence. The people who are 'claiming' to be Muslim but are exhibiting extremism aren't truly Muslim they are Extremists which again are two entirely different things.

This is where we're just not going to see eye to eye. As Sam Harris so elequently stated "extremism is not a problem if your core beliefs are truly non-violent".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFsO58hXVM

• Fire 1