WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this means next to nothing, but it was noted on another board the number of people he follows on twitter that are connected to Nebraska.

Out of the first 60 or so, I see

Tanner Lee, Josh Kalu, Cethan Carter, Tiani Reeves (volleyball), Olivia Boender (volleyball), James Rodgers, Brandon Reilly, Jordan Westerkamp, Alanzo Moore, Keyan Williams, Daishon Neal, Danny Langsdorf, Avery Roberts

I don't see that concentration from any other school. I do see few ASU and USC follows and some random HCs (Butch Jones, Brian Harsin).

https://twitter.com/jodyforthewin/following

• Fire 2

I'm hoping he and Tanner Lee see a lot of each other next year.

I don't care which QB he sees as long as they are wearing a red N on their helmet. :)

I do think it will be a breath of fresh air to have 3 QBs on the roster that know how to pass the ball. We have gone 8 straight years without having a QB that can pass well. And it will also be nice for the coaching staff to have backups who have a similar skillset that can come into any game and relieve the starter without having the entire offense have to adjust how the game is called. I could totally see Lee getting the starting nod, but if he's not making the plays early in the season, POB gets a chance to start, or vise versa.

He should come to Lincoln - practically guaranteed to play in the fall. Who could beat him out? He will be our best WR the day he signs. With Gebbia on the all time California passing chart leader board, and POB and Lee as well and he has to know all about Riley and his propensity for turning in great passing games, he should be all "N". This class will come together - they have so many California and NFL connections. Why do you think Spiehlman is in Lincoln instead of Minnesota with all the Vikings connections. He wants to play pro ball someday. Nebraska will get him that opportunity for sure and he won't have to wait all 5 years to get there.

No. Remember this kid is still 17-18 years old. Yeah he might be a 5-star prospect, but there is still a big difference between being the guy in high school and a starter in college. Want another example, look at Lamar Jackson. He is a great athlete, but even admitted that it took a while to transition to the college game.

He should come to Lincoln - practically guaranteed to play in the fall. Who could beat him out? He will be our best WR the day he signs. With Gebbia on the all time California passing chart leader board, and POB and Lee as well and he has to know all about Riley and his propensity for turning in great passing games, he should be all "N". This class will come together - they have so many California and NFL connections. Why do you think Spiehlman is in Lincoln instead of Minnesota with all the Vikings connections. He wants to play pro ball someday. Nebraska will get him that opportunity for sure and he won't have to wait all 5 years to get there.

No. Remember this kid is still 17-18 years old. Yeah he might be a 5-star prospect, but there is still a big difference between being the guy in high school and a starter in college. Want another example, look at Lamar Jackson. He is a great athlete, but even admitted that it took a while to transition to the college game.

You're right, he probably needs a redshirt year

I could see Lewis not redshirting definitely, but he will certainly be coming off the bench and will by no means be our #1 option. I see him coming in and giving us a Stanley Morgan impact year one. He will play and make some plays, but he isn't going to be the guy defenses are keying on. That will likely be Morgan or DPE

You're right, he probably needs a redshirt year

I hope you didnt take this a knock on the kid. To clarify, Lewis is a freak of an athlete and I think we will find ways to get him on the field, but I wouldn't just assume that he's the starter day one. I have a lot of faith in some of the guys returning, really think Morgan is going to have a huge year next year. That kid has talent and a desire to win that is palpable.

Glad someone put it out there. That has been his only reasoning for Jody going to SC. As suspected others have piled on his CB pick.

Yep. Offers a bit more hope that this is just a "gut pick" based on the local favorite which is a traditional powerhouse vs Lewis telling him he was leaning towards USC. At least that is what I'm reading into it.