SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is a good writeup on Lindsey. I like the part where it says he had offers from Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon, USC, and others.

http://247sports.com/Article/Analysis-Tyjon-Lindsey-commits-to-Nebraska-Cornhuskers-50543464

And here is another good writeup done by Scout

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1745807-four-star-flips-commitment-to-big-10?s=143

"In terms of the scheme at Ohio State, I would have been more of a situational player. I would play some in the backfield, some in the slot, some at receiver and basically move around to take advantage of mismatches but I don't think I would have developed as well as a receiver being used that way.

"A perfect example is what happened with DeAnthony Thomas. That's a guy I'm close to and we play a lot alike. At Oregon, he was that situational guy, moved around a lot and had success but when he got to the NFL, he didn't really have a position. He's now playing receiver and has to basically start from scratch in how to play and how to run routes. But guess who's training him, who he picked to teach him how to run routes in the off-season and learn the position, Coach Williams."

Scout

Ranked by 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 6 receiver and No. 38 prospect overall, Lindsey scored 15 times on 34 receptions as a sophomore and found the end zone 14 times on 45 receptions as a junior. That doesn’t include punt returns for touchdowns. He played in just three games as a senior because of injury and had five receptions and two touchdowns.

A U.S. Army All-American selection, the 5-foot-9, 161-pound Lindsey hands are what make him a special talent.. His ability to catch in traffic is tremendous and he simply doesn’t put the ball on the ground. In space there isn’t a receiver in the 2017 class like Lindsey. He’s elusive, shifty, strong, breaks tackles, makes people miss, has moves on top of moves to get himself free and has the juice to go the distance. Looking at how often Lindsey finds the end zone, he’s an obvious big play waiting to happen.

Lindsey is a strong route runner with a knack for quickly separating from defensive backs. He does all the little things. He’s physical when asked to block, he runs every route hard. It’s evident Lindsey loves playing the game and it shows up in those assignments. In the off-season of 7-on-7 play and camps, Lindsey is the one fighting or reps, competing at a high level at the end of the day. It seems like he can never get enough football.

Athletically Lindsey is in elite company. His Nike Football Rating of 129.33 at The Opening Finals ranked him third at his position behind Jeremiah Holloman and Oliver Martin, and his laser-timed 3.86 shuttle was second nationally behind cornerback Donovan Johnson. That quickness is one of the major things that separates Lindsey from his peers.

"In terms of the scheme at Ohio State, I would have been more of a situational player. I would play some in the backfield, some in the slot, some at receiver and basically move around to take advantage of mismatches but I don't think I would have developed as well as a receiver being used that way.

"A perfect example is what happened with DeAnthony Thomas. That's a guy I'm close to and we play a lot alike. At Oregon, he was that situational guy, moved around a lot and had success but when he got to the NFL, he didn't really have a position. He's now playing receiver and has to basically start from scratch in how to play and how to run routes. But guess who's training him, who he picked to teach him how to run routes in the off-season and learn the position, Coach Williams."

Scout

HE IS STILL WILLING TO TAKE JET SWEEPS, RIGHT? ;)

Scout

That is awesome!

• Fire 1