Gun Control

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder who will out do this 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elementary-school-cheerleaders-asked-to-sell-raffle-tickets-with-a-semiautomatic-weapon-as-the-prize/

Two Ohio mothers separately raised concerns about something their kids were asked to do by a youth football league: sell tickets to raffle off an AM15 rifle.

Sari Brittain says her 4-year-old daughter, a new New Richmond Junior Lions Football league cheerleader, was asked to participate in the team's fundraising event by selling 10 raffle tickets. 

Sari Brittain says her 4-year-old daughter, a new New Richmond Junior Lions Football league cheerleader, was asked to participate in the team's fundraising event by selling 10 raffle tickets. The prize was a semiautomatic rifle, CBS affiliate WKRC reports
Sari Brittain says her 4-year-old daughter, a new New Richmond Junior Lions Football league cheerleader, was asked to participate in the team's fundraising event by selling 10 raffle tickets. The prize was a semiautomatic rifle, CBS affiliate WKRC reports.
31 minutes ago, QMany said:

Yesterday, ammunition was found on a student at Monroe Middle School (OPS). Thankfully, no gun. Still quite unnerving for a husband of staff. 

Pretty sure I accidentally took round or shell to class one time.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:54 PM, QMany said:

Yesterday, ammunition was found on a student at Monroe Middle School (OPS). Thankfully, no gun. Still quite unnerving for a husband of staff. 

I'm fully on board with the level of concern over the recent situation.

However, during hunting season around here, I bet there are multiple guys who forget and end up in school with a few shells still in their coat pocket.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:43 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fully on board with the level of concern over the recent situation.

However, during hunting season around here, I bet there are multiple guys who forget and end up in school with a few shells still in their coat pocket.

I taught out at a "country" school...kid had their rifles (shotguns) in their pick ups all the time.  Lots of them even would talk about how they stopped on the way to school and shot at things they say moving.

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I taught out at a "country" school...kid had their rifles (shotguns) in their pick ups all the time.  Lots of them even would talk about how they stopped on the way to school and shot at things they say moving.

It's an example of how rules might be appropriate for one school but not the other.  

A kid with ammo in his pocket in Thedford schools is no big deal.

A kid with ammo in his pocket in Lincoln East....might be a  big deal.

• Plus1 2

Customer at Lincoln convenience store who shot would-be thief is arrested

The clerk had seen Tilian trying to steal two bottles of liquor, then tried to physically restrain him and prevent him from leaving the store, Lincoln police said.

Jones saw what happened, pulled out a handgun and put herself between Tilian and the exit, police said.

Jones has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, police said.

Tilian broke free from the clerk and ran past Jones, exiting the store. Jones shot Tilian as he left the store, hitting him in the back of the arm and missing the store clerk, who also had exited the store, police said.

When I first opened this story, I assumed the shooter was somehow directly involved in some kind of physical altercation when the gun went off, or maybe even shot the perpetrator because they were attacking someone. But, to straight up shoot at their back while they run away? Yikes.

• Plus1 1