Gun Control

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start out by saying there isn't enough information yet.

But IF this attack on the newspaper was because of "fake news," Trump is culpable, as are all of the GOP in congress who won't tell him to stop attacking the media. There's good reason for a president to not spout off, and this is potentially one of those reasons staring us in the face. Idiots and assholes take the president's words to heart merely because of the title.

Edit: just saw an update saying he had a defamation suit against the paper for their coverage of a guilty plea he had on a harrassment case.

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

What a classic response... Paraphrasing: "Yeah, I said those things. But if somebody acted because of the things I said it's not my fault. It's your fault for reporting the things I said."

Aren't Republicans supposed to be the party of personal responsibility?

• Plus1 1
On 6/28/2018 at 10:12 PM, Moiraine said:

Let me start out by saying there isn't enough information yet.

But IF this attack on the newspaper was because of "fake news," Trump is culpable, as are all of the GOP in congress who won't tell him to stop attacking the media. There's good reason for a president to not spout off, and this is potentially one of those reasons staring us in the face. Idiots and assholes take the president's words to heart merely because of the title.

Edit: just saw an update saying he had a defamation suit against the paper for their coverage of a guilty plea he had on a harrassment case.

Yeah he had sent them threatening tweets 5 years ago but they chose not to investigate or press charges