What Bo Pelini taking YSU to a title game means for NU...

Redux

It means nothing...

Sadly...so does the current hire

Yet he's one win away from having a better season than Bo did in 7 years....even with two blowout losses.

See how easy that was?

10-3 without a conference championship game is not better than 10-4 with a conference championship loss.

That said this is Riley's 2nd season.

No it's not better, but it's easy to claim it is with perspective out of disgust.

It means nothing...

Yet he's one win away from having a better season than Bo did in 7 years....even with two blowout losses.

See how easy that was?

10-3 without a conference championship game is not better than 10-4 with a conference championship loss.

Better is a relative term. In this example, is it better to eat a dog turd from Labrador or from a Golden Retriever? 10-3 without a CCG or 10-4 and embarrassingly blown out in CCG.......I might take the 10-3 personally. So Labrador turd it is.

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Better is a relative term. In this example, is it better to eat a dog turd from Labrador or from a Golden Retriever? 10-3 without a CCG or 10-4 and embarrassingly blown out in CCG.......I might take the 10-3 personally. So Labrador turd it is.

Yeah, but Bo also had 10-4 seasons with agonizingly close losses in Big 12 championship games. I would say those are both better than the best Riley season so far.

• Fire 2

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Yeah, but Bo also had 10-4 seasons with agonizingly close losses in Big 12 championship games. I would say those are both better than the best Riley season so far.

2009 and 2010 were hands down his best seasons.

Yet, in both years we saw a complete embarassment of a loss to both Iowa State and Texas Tech in 2009, then a complete embarassment of a loss to Texas and Texas A&M and Washington in 2010.

So, are they REALLY better? Yeah, we got to the dance. But at the dance we pissed ourselves on the dance floor both times.

I guess a division title is still a division title even if it is a sh**ty division.

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Yet, in both years we saw a complete embarassment of a loss to both Iowa State and Texas Tech in 2009, then a complete embarassment of a loss to Texas and Texas A&M and Washington in 2010.

So, are they REALLY better? Yeah, we got to the dance. But at the dance we pissed ourselves on the dance floor both times.

I guess a division title is still a division title even if it is a sh**ty division.

I mean, here we go with the semantics again. The 2009 game may be kind of embarrassing in hind site. But considering where we were two years previous, I wouldn't go that far. And a one score loss to a Texas team that perpetually has some of the most talent in the country and a one score loss on the road with an injured QB don't really fit the definition of embarrassing in my book. Not even close. Disappointing and maddening probably. But not embarrassing.

• Fire 1

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

I mean, here we go with the semantics again. The 2009 game may be kind of embarrassing in hind site. But considering where we were two years previous, I wouldn't go that far. And a one score loss to a Texas team that perpetually has some of the most talent in the country and a one score loss on the road with an injured QB don't really fit the definition of embarrassing in my book. Not even close. Disappointing and maddening probably. But not embarrassing.

the a&m game was embarrassing because of his antics. Game-wise there wasn't anything for the players to be ashamed of.

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

the a&m game was embarrassing because of his antics. Game-wise there wasn't anything for the players to be ashamed of.

That's fair. Embarrassing on that front is a legit complaint.

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Bo had a 10 win season. Are we just going to ignore his success to prop up a coach that hasn't done any better to win an internet argument?

• Fire 2

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Bo had a 10 win season. Are we just going to ignore his success to prop up a coach that hasn't done any better to win an internet argument?

Bo also had 7 years here and didn't do anything. Yeah, Nebraska went to 3 conference championships while he was here and lost all 3.

Mike Riley has been here 2 seasons. If you're going to be "fair" about comparing the two, then Riley would need to be given 5 more years.

That would be 7 seasons apiece. Then, stack the two side by side and see which one was "better."

Personally, I think Mike Riley will end up surpassing Bo quite easily. Our S&C coach has fixed our players with a much improved S&C program. We're going to start reaping the benefits of this starting next year.

• Fire 1

It means nothing...

See how easy that was?

Bo was just fortunate that Billy C left him nfl talent while Bo left a team of guys who may not get drafted at all. If they do it may be the last day, which also says a lot about the level of coaching we are getting now compared to Bo's staff. Let's see how MR preforms once he raises the talent level to where it should be then compare Bo's best season's with MR's.

Winning at YSU demonstrates Bo is a good coach.* But we all knew that, right? Oh sure, people were frustrated with Bo because his teams would get blown out every so often. But it wasn't his coaching prowess that got him fired. He got fired for his childish sideline antics and profanity laced tirades.

* It helps him at YSU that he has a couple of FBS caliber players suiting up there, thanks to NU.