Bob Diaco - New Defensive Coordinator

from the article^^^^

Yes, Bobby Diaco drove a motorcycle. And he had an Italian cappuccino machine in their dorm. He'd make his guests cappuccinos and he'd listen to Sinatra or Luciano Pavarotti.

And yes, Bobby Diaco did wear suits to class. Sometimes. Other times he'd wear Sergio Tacchinitrack suits. And he had a cellphone in the early 90s. Size of an umbrella, Romano recalled. So he'd wear his suits and lug this giant phone and, as Romano put it, "people must have thought he was really important."

When teammates came to his dorm to play John Madden on the old Nintendo, Diaco would prepare Italian meats and cheeses -- sent from his family in New Jersey -- for the group. Sometimes he'd sit on the couch with Slutzker and laugh at "Ren and Stimpy" for hours. One time the guys down the hall, a pair of offensive lineman, bought a piranha for their dorm. So Diaco decided he'd buy a three-foot Savannah monitor lizard.

But it was Diaco's ability, and perhaps his desire, to connect with every player that earned him respect.

"It's not necessarily the case where we grew up, but in a lot of places, the black guys and the white guys didn't always get along or cohabitate or become close friends," Slutzker said. "That wasn't case (at Iowa), and Bobby was a big part of that."

• Fire 1

I was thinking of starting a new thread with this, but decided against it. Mods, you can split this off if you want....

I found an article from the Connecticut Post from three years ago that is a collection of stories from his teammates at Iowa. It's a great read, and Ill provide a few quotes. Here's the article:

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Kevin-Duffy-Iowa-teammates-remember-Bobby-5678927.php

Also, he led Iowa in Tackles in 1994 and 1995, with 334 career tackles. He was two-time all Big Ten, and team MVP in 1995.

EP-312119959.jpg

Diaco's a Sinatra guy? Fire him immediately please

Diaco's a Sinatra guy? Give him a raise immediately please

• Fire 1

I was thinking of starting a new thread with this, but decided against it. Mods, you can split this off if you want....

I found an article from the Connecticut Post from three years ago that is a collection of stories from his teammates at Iowa. It's a great read, and Ill provide a few quotes. Here's the article:

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Kevin-Duffy-Iowa-teammates-remember-Bobby-5678927.php

Also, he led Iowa in Tackles in 1994 and 1995, with 334 career tackles. He was two-time all Big Ten, and team MVP in 1995.

EP-312119959.jpg

Diaco's a Sinatra guy? Fire him immediately please

Diaco's a Sinatra guy? Give him a raise immediately please

Dean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank

Anyone with a brain knows that

EP-312119959.jpg

I wonder if he got a flag for that face mask grab. Hey, it was against Wiscy, no harm no foul. Let's hope is D contains Wiscy in the future.