DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

This is not even remotely true. Investigations can be justified by suspicion and good faith. "Solid evidence" is not a standard of proof, this is something you simply made up. A search warrant can be issued based on reasonable suspicion. An arrest can be made based on probable cause. Thorough investigations can certainly be conducted before either of these standards are reached. 

It is simply fantasy to ask someone to release the evidence collected during an investigation before the evidence is completed. Mueller owes the American people a thorough investigation which will ultimately bear out the facts. He does not owe you or anybody else a sneak peak into his bag of tricks before he is done.

It is sad when people who don't have legal backgrounds try and talk on the subject. Those were such easily disproven statements.

8 minutes ago, Ulty said:

This is not even remotely true. Investigations can be justified by suspicion and good faith. "Solid evidence" is not a standard of proof, this is something you simply made up. A search warrant can be issued based on reasonable suspicion. An arrest can be made based on probable cause. Thorough investigations can certainly be conducted before either of these standards are reached. 

It is simply fantasy to ask someone to release the evidence collected during an investigation before the evidence is completed. Mueller owes the American people a thorough investigation which will ultimately bear out the facts. He does not owe you or anybody else a sneak peak into his bag of tricks before he is done.

Semantics. Reasonable suspicion and probable cause are established through evidence.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is sad when people who don't have legal backgrounds try and talk on the subject. Those were such easily disproven statements.

I have a far stronger legal background than you do. I also have far more knowledge about how this works than you do. But by all means...keep talking.

:)

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If he does, then let's see it.

he has said that he doesn't think he can indict a sitting president.  and even if he does have it and is willing to release it...the republican congress and senate will suppress it.   we need at least a democratic congress before it will be allowed to see the light of day.

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The evidence doesn't not support this conclusion. ;)

oh come on knap...he teaches economics at a college in nebraska and has a strong legal background and also knows more about science than any scientist alive.    how can you argue with THAT?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

Since someone continually needs a refresher...

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. 
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and 
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the 
Russian govemments efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as 
follows: 
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States 
Department of Justice. 
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI 
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on 
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including: 
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals 
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and 
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and 
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a). 
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is 
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters. 
(d) Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are 
applicable to the Special Counsel.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 7:13 AM, Ric Flair said:

On 9/10/2018 at 5:35 AM, Ric Flair said:

If he does, then let's see it.

I'm with you. I want to see it.

Given the number of people in Donald Trump's inner circle who have flipped or cut deals --- something they would never do over a Nothingburger -- it appears to be bigger than we thought.

If anyone has evidence that Mueller DOESN'T have evidence, let's see the evidence.

Let's see it.

Not gonna show it to us?

Hmm, must not have any evidence! That means Mueller does have evidence, otherwise you'd put forth your evidence that he doesn't.

But if that's true then if Mueller had evidence then he would put forth his evidence too? If he doesn't, he must not have it. 

But then why isn't there any evidence?

Or is there?

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm with you. I want to see it.

Given the number of people in Donald Trump's inner circle who have flipped or cut deals --- something they would never do over a Nothingburger -- it appears to be bigger than we thought.

All in good time. I'm hopeful when the investigation is over, they're handle things as transparently as possible and just release a full report summarizing their findings and rationale for public consumption. Things could get, let's just say, messier if they keep it under wraps and only send the report on to Congress. Then we'd have to rely on leaks about what they found, which have been known to be wrong before, and you're going to have a lot more angry people crying foul.

But they're not going to give more than they absolutely have to during an ongoing investigation. It would jeopardize the work they're doing right now. It's pretty simple. Asking "where's the evidence?" at this stage of the game is pretty disingenuous.

There is no way they are releasing evidence to the public until it's an appropriate time.....no matter how we THINK we deserve to see it.

There is one other person who knows everything that is known and unknown.....and that's Trump.  So, it's really interesting to watch his reaction to things.

He is acting as guilty as a two year old caught stealing cookies out of grandma's cookie jar.

Pretty much tells me everything I need to know at this point in time.

• Plus1 4

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources familiar with the negotiations tell ABC News.

The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday, but it remains unclear whether Manafort has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors or is simply conceding to a guilty plea, which would allow him to avoid the stress and expense of trial, according to three sources with knowledge of the discussions.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tentative-deal-reached-manafort-special-counsel-sources/story?id=57809113

It would be hilarious if it’s an agreement to cooperate with Mueller, since Trump praised him for not “breaking.”

His next scheduled trial is about much more relevant stuff to Russia and possibly Trump. E.g. what he did for pro-Russian Ulrainians.

The previous was all about tax evasion type stuff. I have a feeling they did that one first so he would agree to cooperate on the things that really matter.