Tristan Gebbia

HOL guys really giving the impression that Gebbia didn't really have intentions to leave at first and that it was family that talked him into it.

Which makes a lot of sense when you hear the coaches talking about how he took it really well at first and then seemed to have a completely different attitude the next day.

Still can't really blame him for leaving.  If he was going to leave he had to leave now.  

• Plus1 8
27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

HOL guys really giving the impression that Gebbia didn't really have intentions to leave at first and that it was family that talked him into it.

Which makes a lot of sense when you hear the coaches talking about how he took it really well at first and then seemed to have a completely different attitude the next day.

Still can't really blame him for leaving.  If he was going to leave he had to leave now.  

Yeah, it really sounds like he got some outside advice. It's usually the parent(s) getting involved, right? They're still young after all. I wouldn't be surprised if sneaky MR had something to do with his departure. I think the timing of it was strange and SF was blindsided by it. That is the only thing I felt bitter about so I completely understand if SF is PO'd because he (Gebbia) basically took away a ton of reps from Andrew Bunch. 

Now that TG is gone, I think Bunch is the best backup QB we've had since maybe Armstrong was a RFR in '13 behind Taylor Martinez. He has a good arm and deceptively quick, IMO. He may not get those big chunk of yards on the ground like Martinez but he could scoot for a 6-8 yarder to move the chains if needed.

I hope the weather holds up and we have a sizeable lead at halftime so Bunch can get a bunch of playing time ;)

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, FTW said:

Yeah, it really sounds like he got some outside advice. It's usually the parent(s) getting involved, right? They're still young after all. I wouldn't be surprised if sneaky MR had something to do with his departure. I think the timing of it was strange and SF was blindsided by it. That is the only thing I felt bitter about so I completely understand if SF is PO'd because he (Gebbia) basically took away a ton of reps from Andrew Bunch. 

Now that TG is gone, I think Bunch is the best backup QB we've had since maybe Armstrong was a RFR in '13 behind Taylor Martinez. He has a good arm and deceptively quick, IMO. He may not get those big chunk of yards on the ground like Martinez but he could scoot for a 6-8 yarder to move the chains if needed.

I hope the weather holds up and we have a sizeable lead at halftime so Bunch can get a bunch of playing time ;)

The more film I watch on Bunch the better I feel.TG leaving now sucks but N will be fine without him.

• Plus1 1

• 9 months later...

Article posted yesterday "OSU Football Burning Questions" seems to think that Gebbia is going to be backup, but (ironically) he is currently  locked in a 1a/1b label, not unlike the one he dealt with under Scott Frost, before losing the starting position to Adrian Martinez last year.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon-state/Article/Oregon-State-football-burning-questions-quarterbacks-132916328/

Seems like a long time to the start of the season, so just posting this out of boredom, more than anything. (Probably similar to the reason you are reading it, right now.)

;)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Article posted yesterday "OSU Football Burning Questions" seems to think that Gebbia is going to be backup, but (ironically) he is currently  locked in a 1a/1b label, not unlike the one he dealt with under Scott Frost, before losing the starting position to Adrian Martinez last year.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon-state/Article/Oregon-State-football-burning-questions-quarterbacks-132916328/

Seems like a long time to the start of the season, so just posting this out of boredom, more than anything. (Probably similar to the reason you are reading it, right now.)

;)

Didn’t really read the article but did watch their spring game (constant mention of the phrase, “transfer from Nebraska”). I believe they said that last year’s QB was granted a 6th year, and would likely remain the starter.  Falls in line with what you’re saying here, too.  I have no ill will to him, but I hope he transferred because that’s really where he wanted to be, rather than looking at the depth chart and thinking he was going to be THE guy.  Still gotta earn it - and some day I hope he does.

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia