The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah that's fair. I just think the double standard is a bit much at this point. You ought to know this well. Every time one of Sanders' proposals was brought up in the debate the first word out of the questioner was how he was going to pay for it.

Meanwhile, the GOP initially ignores a platform altogether and ultimately puts out a list some staffer could've drawn up in crayon on a napkin and they will not face similar scrutiny because if they ask Trump about it he'll just pull more stuff out of his butt about how it's two weeks away and many people say it's the best policy slate ever thunk up.

Maybe part of it - for me at least - is that it's not worth even pointing out that the Repubs aren't putting out policy. It's just a clown car of idiocy now. Kind of like why I don't bother critiquing flat earthers. Just make fun of them.

At least I have some hope that the Dems could do something productive, so I spend some time thinking about their governing and campaigning and have criticisms.

Anywho, I continue to think deep dives into policy isn't an effective way to win over most voters. But time will tell. It may be more effective for younger voters than their parents and grandparents.

You could be right. My original post was trying to convey how there was no point in listening to Biden since he wasn't going to say anything different than the Dems have said for decades.

An interesting part of Biden's campaign to me is how it mirrors Make America Great Again from 2016, just in a different way. Seems like that could be the non-incumbent style/slogan for politics for a while.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe part of it - for me at least - is that it's not worth even pointing out that the Repubs aren't putting out policy. It's just a clown car of idiocy now. Kind of like why I don't bother critiquing flat earthers. Just make fun of them.

At least I have some hope that the Dems could do something productive, so I spend some time thinking about their governing and campaigning and have criticisms.

You could be right. My original post was trying to convey how there was no point in listening to Biden since he wasn't going to say anything different than the Dems have said for decades.

An interesting part of Biden's campaign to me is how it mirrors Make America Great Again from 2016, just in a different way. Seems like that could be the non-incumbent style/slogan for politics for a while.

It is all you can do with some people and their thoughts/causes.

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Jeff Flake?  Does the moon need a congressman?  I guess it could be a territory entitled to non-voting representation.

the polls may be poor for POTUS but this year is exceptional coming out of a national tantrum.  A glance at the betting odds suggests that the general public ignored the DNC pseudo-convention and there is no bump.  

• Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Jeff Flake?  Does the moon need a congressman?  I guess it could be a territory entitled to non-voting representation.

the polls may be poor for POTUS but this year is exceptional coming out of a national tantrum.  A glance at the betting odds suggests that the general public ignored the DNC pseudo-convention and there is no bump.  

It’s kind of hard to have a bump when the POTUS has the worst polling going into the conventions in history. 

I'll be curious to see if Trump gets any kind of bounce at all either. I'm not sure he won't actually get the opposite, as generally when he gets extended airtime in front of the country his numbers suffer.

Tonight has been interesting, though. The president's apparently coked-up son and his girlfriend screaming at an empty room about how awesome Daddy is.

• Haha 1